Battelle delivers when others can’t. We conduct research and development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients—whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager III. This position may be located in Washington, DC or Columbus, OH. Washington, DC area is preferred.
The Battelle Health Business Unit is seeking a Business Development (BD) Manager III to drive new business growth. The BD Manager is responsible for all BD activities – including the pursuit of new opportunities in the areas of biotechnology, life sciences, public health research, analytics, and clinical studies. The BD Manager will partner with program leadership and subject matter experts to execute excellence across the capture lifecycle.
- Development and maturity of addressable markets and a robust pipeline of opportunities to pursue growth for novel research and development across the health marketspace
- Develop and maintain an extensive network of relationships with existing and potential Battelle clients, throughout federal agencies focusing on science and technology (S&T) programs
- Conduct strategic client engagements to effectively drive capture and maintain an understanding of current and emerging client needs
- Shape, identify, capture, and manage strategic opportunities that enable the Health Business Unit strategy
- Facilitate differentiation by utilizing market and competitor intelligence to effectively position-to-win while developing differentiated value propositions
- Participate as a thought leader to develop and execute win strategy, while ensuring alignment of capture and proposal maturation to client needs
- Actively engage in capture milestones including capture strategy, gate reviews, call plan development, account planning, black hat sessions, and working sessions
- Identify opportunities for white paper development to proactively create new opportunities
- Collaborate with the program leadership and subject matter experts in the development business growth strategies while enhancing capture and proposal artifacts
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, sciences, engineering or similar degree
- 10 years’ experience in government civil and defense business development, with understanding of current acquisition trends
- Proven track record winning opportunities in with government clients and supporting business development for an organization with $200M+ annual sales
- Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the Health Business Unit strategy
- Experience developing winning capture strategies to align client needs with tailored solutions and capabilities
- Existing network of clients and collaborators in science and technology work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; experience presenting to senior executives, peers, and customers
- Leadership skills with ability to collaborate across functions and organizations and manage multiple opportunities simultaneously
- Executive presence, direct and in-direct influencing skills, and a growth mindset
- Resourceful, decisive, and proactive approach to managing multiple priorities in a fast-growing organization
- Must be US Citizen
- Master’s Degree or higher, preferably in technical discipline
- Experience identifying and capturing Science & Technology opportunities within Health & Human Services, DoD, and/or VA
- Experience with Microsoft Client Relationship Management (CRM) tool
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
As a condition of employment, Battelle will inquire about COVID vaccination status, and in the event that vaccinations are mandated at a work location (including client site and Battelle sites) we expect all candidates to comply with these required safety protocols.
Battelle is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers