Battelle delivers when others can’t. We conduct research and development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients—whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Battelle’s Contract Research Business is seeking a Program Quality Lead – Cyber to lead development and execution of a quality plan to support a critical program in our Cyber business line, which is part of Battelle’s National Security business unit. This position may be supported in Columbus, OH or Chantilly, VA.
For more than a decade, Battelle has been trusted by elite government clients to solve some of their most perplexing cyber challenges and prepare for the cyber landscape of tomorrow. Our innovative solutions challenge conventional problem-solving approaches to gain rapid technical advantage over the most aggressive adversaries.
The candidate will work closely with the Cyber project team, as well as scientists, researchers, and engineers across the National Security business unit to lead the development, documentation, and implementation of a comprehensive quality plan to support quality assurance and quality control for a large, highly visible program supporting the US Government. The ideal candidate is experienced in systems development and systems engineering practices including hardware, software, firmware, and integration. This position enjoys direct influence working within the project, while tasked to elevate the integrity and strength of the National Security quality management system. As the project matures, certification of the project or the Cyber business line to an industry standard such as CMMI or ISO 9001:2015 may be required.
The position is accountable for operations predominately located in Columbus, Ohio, and Chantilly Virginia. Some travel (~25%) is expected for this position.
- Develop a comprehensive quality assurance plan covering systems development and hardware, software, and firmware integration, to manage risk and monitor execution, for a large program supporting the US Government
- Work closely with the project team, and other stakeholders to implement the quality assurance plan, including authoring new plans and procedures, and providing training for project staff
- Develop management controls, audit plans, and subcontractor quality plans as required to support execution of the plan
- Investigate project and process issues and facilitate causal analysis and implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
- Candidate is a key contact for the customer, for all quality related topics, such as the quality plan, problem resolution, audits, and improvements.
- Mature Battelle’s best practices in science & technology, research, and product development through identification of best practices in software and systems development, project execution, and other technology areas; thus, increasing the effectiveness of the National Security Quality Management System
- Create insights for business leadership in the development and presentation of quality measures, metrics, and management controls
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- BS in electrical, software, or mechanical engineering, or related technical sciences field, or 10 year’s equivalent work experience
- 7+ years in a quality assurance role supporting systems development including hardware, software, and firmware
- Experience working closely with a project team to define quality requirements and quality plan objectives, develop, and authorizing standard procedures to support execution, and develop and deliver necessary training
- Customer-facing experience including audits, briefing customers on the quality plan, problem reporting and resolution, and performance data/metrics
- Experience and executing an audit plan to verify execution against plans, procedures, and conformance to customer, statutory, and regulatory requirements as applicable
- Significant understanding in certification, compliance, and application of a quality standard such as ISO 9001:2015
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team oriented
- High attention to detail
- Candidate must be a US Citizen
- Active top secret security clearance
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
- Battelle is an established and respected US Government contractor. Having prior experience working under DCMA and US DoD / Agency contracts brings a valued level of understanding to our business
- Prior experience working for a government contractor or within a large government program is a plus
- Preference will be given to candidates having an advanced degree in a related field and relevant work experience
- Being educated, certified, and practiced in Lean Six Sigma, or being an ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, is a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Departmen.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
As a condition of employment, Battelle will inquire about COVID vaccination status, and in the event that vaccinations are mandated at a work location (including client site and Battelle sites) we expect all candidates to comply with these required safety protocols.
Battelle is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers