Battelle delivers when others can’t. We conduct research and development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients—whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We are currently seeking a Capture Manager for S&T, R&D. The position location is flexible with preference in Arlington, VA. Strong candidates located in other areas will be favorably considered; frequent travel to Columbus, OH will be necessary.
The Capture Manager will support the Battelle Contract Research Organization in driving sales growth and expanding Battelle’s presence primarily within the Health and National Security business domains, further developing and winning science, technology, research, development, testing & evaluation opportunities with clients in these markets.
The successful candidate will have proven business development/capture management experience (2+ years) in industry. The candidate must possess a sound science and technology background and be able to relate with customers in departments and agencies that will range primarily across health, homeland security and defense mission areas. The candidate will have demonstrated performance in engaging with customers and developing opportunities.
- Form winning industry teams based on customer and domain knowledge, performance requirements, key personnel and past performance requirements, competitor positioning and capabilities, and other considerations that may impact the Battelle probability of win, such as small business utilization. Provides market and competitor intelligence that defines, develops, and integrates science and technology through extensive research and development.
- Ensure timely development and delivery of compliant, responsive, innovative and integrated technical solutions and management approaches that are competitive, cost effective, and vetted with the customer prior to RFP release.
- Assist in development of successful pricing strategies considering identified risks and solicitation requirements and competitive positioning. Recommend to and collaborate with the appropriate Battelle business unit and executive leaders on the approval of all pricing strategies and all final proposals for submission to clients.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technical field; 2 years of experience demonstrating progressive responsibility in business development, program management or technical management; or an equivalent combination of education and or experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated understanding of the requirements to successfully lead and manage tactical new business or task order captures valued at less than $15M
- Active or eligibility for a DoD Secret clearance
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Master’s Degree or higher, preferably in technical discipline
- Experience with Microsoft Client Relationship Management (CRM) tool
- Active Top Secret Clearance
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
As a condition of employment, Battelle will inquire about COVID vaccination status, and in the event that vaccinations are mandated at a work location (including client site and Battelle sites) we expect all candidates to comply with these required safety protocols.
Battelle is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment