Battelle delivers when others can’t. We conduct research and development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients—whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Battelle’s Advanced Mission Solutions (AMS) Business Line is seeking a Program Manager: System Development, Modernization and Prototyping to build, shape, and lead hardware/system/product design, development, fabrication, production and sustainment and to manage a product portfolio of sensors, avionics, and other military hardware. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
The PM will direct day-to-day execution of program activities, including management of matrixed project teams spread across multiple business lines. The PM will build upon current programs to secure new projects, maintain an executable technology roadmap to guide internal investment, orchestrate market engagements, and build the program infrastructure to grow into larger markets. The PM will develop recognizable, thematic product lines with emphasis on operationalizing emerging technologies for military and commercial markets.
- Managing comprehensive projects/programs in hardware/system/product life cycle development, and managing a product portfolio of sensors, avionics, and other military hardware. Leads conceptual design, detailed design, prototyping, fabrication, and testing of technologies and products.
- Leads the program team with ultimate responsibility for meeting cost, schedule, quality, and technical/contractual performance across a portfolio of programs. Leads development and refinement of the program Work Breakdown Structure to a level sufficient to identify all the work required for successful project completion.
- Primary point of contact for Customer and voice of the organization to Customer on existing and follow-on programs.
- Collaborates across internal organization with multi-disciplined engineering teams to develop and execute projects/programs. Continuously assesses strength of team and makes changes as required.
- Prepares and presents presentations to internal management and to internal and/or external customers to provide reviews and updates on technical aspects, cost, and schedule. This includes peri