Battelle delivers when others can’t. We conduct research and development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients—whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Battelle’s Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) Business Line is currently seeking candidates for a full time, permanent position as an CBRNE Engineer II. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio and West Jefferson, Ohio.
- Lead and participate in systems engineering efforts supporting programs developing and modernizing hardware and software systems.
- Perform requirements analysis including documenting product/system breakdown structure, requirements, and constraints.
- Lead, guide, and/or perform the technical product development for the system or subsystem being developed—providing and supporting the big picture systems view, development, and management of technical data package structure, and understanding how subsystem technologies interact and tradeoff between subsystem technologies. This includes tracking key technical metrics to measure margins and risk.
- Develop processes for and oversee requirements management, configuration management, and test and evaluation.
- Oversee and lead verification and validation planning, execution, and reporting efforts.
- Support program management in the technical direction of development programs.
- Collaborate across internal organizations with multi-disciplined engineering teams to develop and execute projects.
- Interact with senior leadership to make decisions, manage risk, and influence investment activities that affect the long-term viability of the business.
- Support our business developments efforts including writing proposals, planning technical aspects of projects, developing our capabilities, interfacing with current and prospective clients, and participating in conferences.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or physical science field with at least 6 years of product/system development professional experience or Master’s Degree in an engineering or physical science field with at least 4 years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience with requirements management and functional decomposition on multiple programs of varying complexity.
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering and corresponding modeling tools.
- Experience working with US DoD Program Management Offices.
- Proficiency in planning and tracking programs using a requirements management software application.
- Proven abilities in leading cross functional technical teams, managing risk, and adapting to change.
- Self-motivated, organized, and a problem solver who demonstrates knowledge of fundamentals but also the big picture.
- Excellent communication skills to support interaction with cross-functional team members, internal management, and clients.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a SECRET DoD Security Clearance
- An advanced degree in Engineering, Science, or Business.
- Knowledge of DoD Systems Engineering practices and their relation to DoD Instruction 5000.02.
- Experience applying Systems Engineering practices to Agile Software Development programs.
- Familiarity with Configuration Control and Configuration Management.
- Experience with product transition to manufacturing.
- Experience with Risk Management tools and processes.
- Experience with Root Cause Corrective Analysis (RCCA).
- Experience with Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (RAM).
- Experience working with multi-organizational, geographically distributed, and segmented engineering teams.
- Ability to develop CONOPs that synergize technologies with tactics.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
As a condition of employment, Battelle will inquire about COVID vaccination status, and in the event that vaccinations are mandated at a work location (including client site and Battelle sites) we expect all candidates to comply with these required safety protocols.
Battelle is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers