Battelle delivers when others can’t. We conduct research and development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients—whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Battelle's National Security Business Unit is seeking highly skilled Technical Editor/Writer to support research and development activities. This position is located at the U.S. Army Geospatial Center (AGC) Army Engineer Research Development Center’s (ERDC) Geospatial Research Laboratory (GRL) in Ft. Belvoir, VA. GRL conducts geospatial research, development, technology, and evaluation of current and emerging geospatial technologies that will help characterize and measure phenomena within the physical (terrain) and social (cultural) environments encountered by the U.S. Army. GRL also engages in research to support the development of the Army Geospatial Enterprise, as well as develop geospatially enabled technologies for Joint, other Services and Functional Combatant Command (COCOM) supported programs. Compensation will be based on relevant qualifications and experience. Relocation support is not available.
- Provide expert technical writing/editing for geospatial toolkit manuals and tutorials.
- Expert review and editing of advanced geospatial research reporting documents including, ERDC technical reports, conference proceedings and refereed journal articles.
- Develop, write, edit and revise test plans, test reports, and other technical DoD documentation.
- Review and/or evaluate technical reports and documents; edit, prepare, and provide recommendations and summaries of findings.
- Write, draft, or edit technical reports, articles or related material based on research, investigation or analysis.
- Review and coordinate the preparation of technical reports, papers, and presentations.
- Adapt sketches/drawings to meet specific technical or publication requirements.
- Enforce DoD standards for language, style and terminology.
- Coordinate activities such as production of technical documents, records of work and document releases.
- Create graphic charts, working drawings and illustrations for publications/displays, etc.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years as a technical report writer/technical editor with background in document proofing, editing, and writing.
- Experience editing/writing DoD related policy, technical, training, and/or programmatic documents.
- Must be a US Citizen and have ability to obtain/retain TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Team oriented with the ability to work closely with other team members.
- Detail oriented and capable of working to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and sorting source and background materials.
- Ability to compile data and write and revise text for informative and instructional articles, user documentation, newsletters, electronic database publications, media guides or similar materials of a high-quality technical nature.
- Experience in a research environment
- Work in the science and engineering fields
- Knowledge of DOD standards for language, style, and terminology.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
As a condition of employment, Battelle will inquire about COVID vaccination status, and in the event that vaccinations are mandated at a work location (including client site and Battelle sites) we expect all candidates to comply with these required safety protocols.