Battelle delivers when others can’t. We conduct research and development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients—whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Battelle is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer. This positionis located in Columbus, OH.
Provide technical leadership and oversight of complex projects, spanning hardware and software solutions. Serve as a subject matter expert for software and hardware development efforts. Provide technical oversight as needed for systems engineering tasks including requirements, configuration, and risk management, as well as testing/evaluation procedures. Coordinate between project stakeholders to ensure system planning, design, and implementation meet mission needs and requirements. Identify, track, and lead mitigation efforts for project and system risks. Maintain systems engineering documentation related to the overall program and review systems engineering documentation generated by development teams.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or a physical science
- Ten or more years of experience engineering systems and solutions
- Three to five years of US DoD program experience
- Domain expertise with communication hardware, software, services, and networking
- Thorough understanding of system development and government acquisition lifecycles
- Expertise in requirements analysis, definition, and management for large integrated systems
- Proficiency with systems engineering concepts and tools
- Direct experience with configuration identification, control, status accounting, verification, and audit
- Planning and conducting risk assessments, implementing mitigations, and monitoring registers
- Expertise in DoD cybersecurity requirements and processes
- Engineering complex systems in large, geographically dispersed, collaborative organizations
- Experience generating proposals, plans, procedures, and reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An active top-secret security clearance
- Must be US Citizen
- Advanced degree from an ABET accredited engineering program
- One or more DoDI 8570.10 compliance certifications
- Experience with DoD/NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and controls
- Working knowledge of one or more COTS configuration management tools
- Experience with Root Cause Corrective Analysis (RCCA)
- Management of engineering review and change control boards (ERB/CCB)
- Working knowledge of one or more systems modeling tools
- Experience with product development and manufacturing
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
As a condition of employment, Battelle will inquire about COVID vaccination status, and in the event that vaccinations are mandated at a work location (including client site and Battelle sites) we expect all candidates to comply with these required safety protocols.
Battelle is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers