Battelle delivers when others can’t. We conduct research and development, manage laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients—whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Battelle’s Energy Division is currently seeking an Oil & Gas Project Manager. This position located in Columbus, OH, but will consider remote locations.
As a Project Manager, the selected individual will provide project leadership to our carbon utilization and storage programs. Examples of responsibilities based on current or anticipated projects include:
- Provide day to day project guidance to a team of geologists, engineers, and support staff on CCUS field development projects.
- Define task requirements and identifies all elements of cost, schedule, and technical performance. Develop and/or refine work breakdown structure to a level sufficient to identify all the work required for task or project completion. Ensure all tasks are completed within scope, on time and on budget.
- Interact with clients, in both scientific and financial discussions relating to energy production and use.
- Provide technical expertise for a variety of petroleum geosciences and petroleum engineering applications.
- Support preparation of proposals to provide geologic characterization, construction, and operation for CCUS facilities.
- Apply safety standards and procedures to complete safety checks and verifies compliance with the safety plans of a task. Is knowledgeable regarding regulations and policies on oil and gas site work, workplace safety, and actively incorporates safe workplace practices into task work.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in geology, civil engineering, or closely related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in project management
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the oil and gas industry or CCUS programs
- Onsite O&G field development experience
- Working knowledge of geologic principles as applied to exploration and production.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to represent Battelle or its clients at conferences or public forums.
- Ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information essential.
- Mentoring of junior staff in project management and in overall technical work
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience in project management software, such as Microsoft Project.
- Experience as a government contractor
Salary: $115,000-130,000 a year
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
As a condition of employment, Battelle will inquire about COVID vaccination status, and in the event that vaccinations are mandated at a work location (including client site and Battelle sites) we expect all candidates to comply with these required safety protocols.
Battelle is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers