Battelle delivers when others can’t. We conduct research and development, manage laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients—whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We are seeking qualified applicants for a Remediation Project Manager position within the Environment Division at Battelle; located in Ohio, Kentucky or Tennessee. The duties will include providing project management and oversight for all phases of remediation projects including remedial investigations, feasibility studies, preliminary and final design, remedial action implementation, and construction quality assurance for remediation projects. This position will require travel to multiple project sites.
Clients choose to work with Battelle because of a proven track record for developing innovative and implementable solutions to challenging technical problems. The Environment Division within the Environment and Agriculture Business Line conducts research, characterization, and remediation of environmental contamination, and designs and implements environmentally sustainable remedial technologies. As a Project Manager, the selected individual will manage complex and innovative environmental engineering and science projects to effectively design and implement remedial systems and approaches to treat contamination in a wide array of media. You will manage cross-disciplinary project teams which may include multiple engineering and science disciplines, depending on the project scope. Your coworkers will range from new graduates to those with 30+ years of experience. The diversity created by the combination of the unique backgrounds and work experiences brought by each team member enhances our team’s ability to solve our customers’ greatest challenges through innovation.
Examples of responsibilities based on current and anticipated projects include:
- Serves as an effective Project Manager for existing and future government and commercial contracts with annual business volume of up to $20M within a matrix organization requiring coordination of geographically dispersed project teams, clients, regulatory agency representatives, and subcontractors, leading to strong long-term client relationships.
- Provides consulting leadership by identifying clients’ technical needs, coordinating with other Battelle staff and subcontractors as appropriate, and delivering results to address client needs and challenges.
- Assists in expanding Battelle’s reputation with clients by providing leadership through project management to advance the E&A strategy.
- Supports business development efforts, including cost estimation and preparation of white papers, task order, and ID/IQ contract proposals.
- Oversees, mentors and trains more junior staff with a focus on junior engineers (Engineers in Training).
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL DEMONSTRATE
- Experience managing large projects/programs in the environmental remediation industry with a mix of commercial and government clients included DoD and/or EPA.
- Experience effectively managing cost reimbursable, firm-fixed-price, time and materials and performance-based remediation contracts.
- Demonstrated success monitoring and controlling project costs, quality, and schedule; identifying, assigning, and managing personnel consistent with contractual and technical requirements; strong understanding of and assuring compliance with Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), Clean Water Act (CWA), and Clean Air Act (CAA) regulations; and making regular presentations to federal, state, and local regulatory agencies as Battelle’s chief representative.
- Ability to identify future business opportunities, lead task order proposals under ID/IQ contracts, and contribute to overall business growth.
- Experience scoping, planning, and managing implementation of soil, groundwater, surface water, and/or soil-gas contamination laboratory studies, field investigations, feasibility studies, design engineering, full-scale remedial action implementation, and construction quality assurance for multimedia remediation projects where multiple remedy components are required.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor of Science in engineering with minimum 6 years of experience successfully managing remediation design and implementation on multiple projects and experience with feasibility studies and remedial alternative evaluations.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE).
- Demonstrated experience preparing technical documents including EE/CAs, feasibility studies, remedial action work plans, basis of design reports, engineer’s cost estimates and design packages consisting of engineering drawings and specifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in the office and/or field setting. Travel to out-of-state project locations and conferences is required.
- Must US Person.
- Ten years successfully managing remediation design and implementation on multiple projects and experience with feasibility studies and remedial alternative evaluations.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and current 8-hour annual refresher certification
- 8-hour HAZWOPER supervisor
- 30-Hour Construction Safety Training
- Cold regions engineering certification
- Demonstrated expertise with design and implementation of insitu technologies and/or treatment of emerging contaminants.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
As a condition of employment, Battelle will inquire about COVID vaccination status, and in the event that vaccinations are mandated at a work location (including client site and Battelle sites) we expect all candidates to comply with these required safety protocols.
Battelle is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers