Battelle delivers when others can’t. We conduct research and development, manage laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients—whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
At Battelle Cyber, we solve the toughest problems in the world. We take a cross-discipline approach to develop vertically integrated cyber solutions leveraging deep expertise across microelectronics, computer science, and electrical engineering.
Battelle is seeking an experienced professional for the Senior Program Manager (PM) position within our Microelectronics Trust and Assurance division in Dayton, OH. The PM will build upon current programs to secure new projects, maintain an executable technology roadmap to guide internal investment, orchestrate market engagements, and build the program infrastructure to grow into larger markets within microelectronics, advanced analytics, and AI/ML. In this role, you will lead medium – large scale programs encompassing onsite staff and external lab facilities.
- Lead the project team with ultimate responsibility for meeting technical, cost schedule, quality, financial and contractual performance.
- The primary point of contact for the Customer on existing and follow-on programs.
- Leverage understanding of microelectronic design, ASIC engineering, FPGAs, trust and assured microelectronics, research and development, and manufacturing to meet customer and corporate requirements and strategic initiatives
- Provide periodic program management reviews (monthly & quarterly), and support timely inputs/approvals of EACs
- Collaborate across internal organizations with multi-disciplined engineering teams to develop and execute projects
- Interface with team leads and senior government personnel
- Understand customer needs, identify and build critical relationships, and prospect for new and unpublished opportunities
- Generate proposals, plans, procedures, and reports
- Recruit, select, and mentor project, technical, and task leads
- Support the National Security business unit and Cyber business line planning processes
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in EE, CS, CE, Math, Physics the Physical Sciences or equivalent
- 5-7 years of project management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience with system engineering trade-offs and guiding project, technical and task leads
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to executive level management, teaming partners and customers
- Experience managing multiple projects of varying complexity
- Experience generating proposals, plans, procedures, and reports
- Proficiency in planning and tracking projects using Program Management software
- Experience leading subcontractors across multiple business locations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to management and customers
- Experience leading a team of experts in physical sciences developing novel techniques, instrumentation, and processes on a complex technical infrastructure
- Willingness to travel to regional office sites and partner locations across the United States
- Active DoD Security Clearance (Minimum Secret)
- Graduate degree in EE, CS, CE, Math, Physics the Physical Sciences or equivalent
- Microelectronics or semiconductor foundry experience
- Experience implementing EVM on a research program
- Experience supporting government laboratories
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities, and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
As a condition of employment, Battelle will inquire about COVID vaccination status, and in the event that vaccinations are mandated at a work location (including client site and Battelle sites) we expect all candidates to comply with these required safety protocols.
Battelle is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers