Principal Cyber Advisor
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Principal Cyber Advisor with a strong technical consulting background in cybersecurity. This position is for full-time work at the Pentagon, Arlington, VA.
As a Principal Cyber Advisor, you will perform as a “thought leader” as a part of a “talent advantaged” advanced team of cybersecurity experts and staff focused on delivering advanced risk based technical architecture and strategic policy solutions for the DoD Chief Information Officer (CIO) and DoD Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). You will perform complex cybersecurity analysis of high impact and sensitive systems and business processes. You will develop DoD wide innovative cyber management strategies, policies, guidelines and procedures to enable the integration of DoD cyber operations consistent with DoD strategy and guidance.
- Provide technical expertise in the field of cybersecurity of major DoD programs
- Apply scientific expertise in defining and resolving system issues, perform analysis and develop plans and requirements in cybersecurity for complex systems.
- Coordinate the preparation of analyses, evaluations, and recommendations for proper implementation of cyber programs and systems
- Execute research and analysis of emerging technologies and methodologies relating to the protection of the defense critical infrastructure sectors. Technology could include industrial control systems (ICS) and programmable logic controllers (PLC).
- Execute research and analysis of the DoD wide Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Platform Information Technology (PIT) programs. Work could include the shaping of Internet of Things (IoT) and micro-electronics risk management constructs.
- Execute research of the national and international infrastructure (i.e., computers, electronic communications systems, electronic communication services, wire communication, and electronic communication, including information contained therein) requirements of industry and other Government agencies, for consideration in cyber protection planning.
- Coordinates integration of cyber risk with non-cyber enterprise risk. Plans cyber risk assessments and develops tailored risk assessment methodologies. Conducts enterprise cyber risk assessments and directs associate staff in the identification and collection of risk relevant data. Identifies cyber risk areas and data for collection. Collects and correlates cyber risk data as part of project team.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of cyber and IT laws, regulations, guidelines and standards. Directs and mentors associate staff to shape client deliverables and presentations. Shapes complex enterprise and security architecture recommendations to balance security effectiveness; compliance with cyber and IT laws, regulations, guidelines and standards; and enterprise return on investment. Contributes knowledge and recommendations during strategic cyber policy client working groups.
- Draws from understanding of Battelle’s business product offerings and strategic growth vision to contribute to ongoing business development efforts involving cyber programs. Coordinates and participates in Battelle-sponsored marketing events or conferences and plays an active role in identifying, cultivating, and capturing business opportunities. May participate in scientific conferences, peer review panels, and increases company visibility through publications.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- 6+ years of overall professional experience with the majority of the experience associated with cyber strategic management analysis and or applied cyber technical operations with a technical Bachelor’s degree or IAM/IAT Level III equivalent cyber certifications - OR
- 4+ years of overall professional experience with the majority of the experience associated with cyber strategic management analysis and or applied cyber technical operations with a technical Master’s degree or IAM/IAT Level III equivalent cyber certifications.
- Active DoD TOP SECRET Clearance with TOP SECRET SCI Eligibility
- Strong project and task management skills and experience to deliver high quality work products on-time.
- Strong analytical and writing skills with history of producing quality technical documentation.
- Proven experience working in collaborative sessions demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills along with tactful negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel 15%
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience with DoD business processes and DoD Joint Information Enterprise (JIE)
- Experience with the cybersecurity of the cyber continuum of enterprise-wide systems and networks, cloud architectures, critical infrastructure, supply chain, weapon systems, mobile computing, ICS, PLC, microelectronics and IoT.
- Experience with identity and access management (IdAM) and communications security (COMSEC)
- IAM/IAT Level III cyber certification (CISSP or equivalent)
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers