Product Planner I
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Product Planner I. This position located in Columbus, OH.
The Product Planner I plans, schedules, and monitors the movement of supplies and components to support production and operational requirements. In addition, the Product Planner set-ups, maintains, and executes internal Kanban levels and other supply chain programs. This team member will also research, evaluate and recommend solutions for improved inventory management and cost reductions. Leading and assisting with quotes and costing bills of materials to evaluate internal manufacturing costs for new and existing products will also be expected.
- Set-up and execute supply chain processes for procurement of production consumables, maintenance, repair, and operations items
- Leads and assists with quoting components for production assemblies
- Coordinates and monitors sub-contract purchase orders (PO’s)
- Develop and maintain records and metrics such as reports on production and material delivery/quality
- Ensures record retention compliance
- Performs reconciliation of invoices or receipts, as required
- Negotiate pricing on goods and services and identify other opportunities for cost reductions
- Coordinates and monitors production activity to ensure a smooth and controlled flow of materials timed to meet production requirements
- Determines material requirements from the BRP (Business Requirements Planning) meeting, the Material Requirements Plan (MRP), and customer orders to confirm production schedules and maintain inventory at planned levels
- Participates on product teams as required
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- BS/BA degree or 8 years related experience required in production planning
- 2-3 years of successful experience within a production planning/purchasing or supply chain related position within a manufacturing operation
- Must demonstrate a solid grasp of production planning principles, including MRP, Capacity Planning, and ERP understanding
- Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to participate as a key team member are required
- Proficient in MS Office programs
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position, with the ability to obtain and maintain additional government security clearance
- Must be willing to participate in periodic drug screening
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- APICS or ISM certification would be considered a plus
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers