Materials Handler I
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Materials Handler I. This position is located in Dublin, OH.
Battelle Manufacturing provides customer-centric contract manufacturing commonly in medium to high-complexity electronic and electromechanical systems for high-reliability applications. We serve aerospace through medical market segments building electromechanical, fluid- and gas-handling systems from ones to hundreds of thousands. Battelle is a “one-stop” manufacturing and design source with in-house access to extensive engineering and scientific resources.
The Material Handler I will be responsible for supporting all routine aspects of material receiving, kitting, warehousing, and shipping.
- Perform routine unloading, sorting, and packing of incoming manufacturing materials. Identify and separate material requiring incoming quality inspection
- Stock material in appropriate warehouse locations
- Kit job orders and deliver to manufacturing floor as directed
- Perform routine inventory cycle counts and inventory counts in support of physical inventories as directed
- Prepare products for shipping and perform routine shipping of products to clients
- Perform Enterprise Resource Planning transactions to reflect material receipt, stocking, issue, and shipping as required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of staff members so classified.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain required government security clearances
- Requires a high school diploma with 1-2 years of verifiable experience in receiving, shipping, and/or warehousing
- Experience Operating pallet jacks and fork lifts, or ability to learn how to operate this equipment within a reasonable period
- Basic computer skills including MS Windows and Office
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work overtime with 24 hours’ notice
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Must be willing to participate in periodic drug screening.
- Newly hired employees are subject to a 90-day introductory period, during which their performance is evaluated by supervision.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Prefer prior experience working in an ISO-9000 and/or a military logistics or defense contractor environment.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers