Corporate Information Technology Asset Management Intern (Summer 2018)
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Corporate Information Technology Asset Management Intern for Summer 2018. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
Our Corporate Information Technology (CIT) team is currently seeking an Intern for our Software Asset Management (SAM) team. This individual will be a part of a team and will participate in project activities that complement academic training. They will work with the asset manager, user service specialists, IT specialists, project leaders and purchasing agents while performing a variety of tasks. The intern will have daily interaction with IT staff to gain practical experience, perform a number of functions in a training capacity utilizing their technical, organizational, and administrative skills. The intern will work on assignments where judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. In addition, gathering and organizing data for use in supporting decision-making processes is essential.
- Analysis data and generate cost reports and software maintenance payment schedules
- Enter and update information in the software asset management (SAM) system
- Document basic problems and work with the team towards resolution. Report progress on problem resolution to the project manager
- Evaluate software licenses and contracts for compliance
- Contact staff members to obtain software entitlements records
- Complete weekly status reports
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Currently enrolled in a four-year college degree program working toward a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Sciences, Management Information Systems, Business or related field. Candidate must be in their sophomore year or later
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Possess a basic understanding of computer information systems (hardware and software)
- Ability to document status of tasks with high attention to detail
- Self-motivation; ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to meet assigned deadlines
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Available to work 20-40/week
- Must be a U.S. citizen
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Familiarity with software asset management processes and tool(s)
- Familiarity with reviewing end user license agreements (EULAs)
- Skills in compiling and analyzing data from multiple sources
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers