Chem/Bio Defense Analyst
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Chem/ Bio Defense Analyst. This position located in Charlottesville, VA.
Our Threat Analysis Group of Battelle’s CBRNE Defense Business Unit is seeking a scientist who possesses a strong background in biology, chemistry, and/or biochemistry. The successful candidate will conduct information acquisition activities and apply the principles, theories and concepts of chemistry/biology to address technical questions in Chemical and Biological Warfare (CBW) defense and counter-proliferation for U.S. Government clients. Tasks will include reading and analyzing scientific literature, and writing reports on various technical topics related to chemical and biological warfare (CBW) defense, counter-proliferation, dual-use technologies, and medical countermeasures to CBW agents. The successful candidate must be familiar with open source research and analysis and be comfortable utilizing various search engines and proprietary databases. Experience with MediaWiki technology is a plus.The successful candidate must show an interest in learning, the ability to work well in a team environment, and be comfortable speaking in front of their peers and clients. The candidate must be eligible to obtain and maintain a full U.S. Government security clearance up to TS/SCI level and cannot possess dual citizenship.
This is not a laboratory position. It is located in Charlottesville, VA and is in a professional office environment.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- BS in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or Biochemistry with 2-5 years of experience
- Must be familiar with open source research and analysis and be comfortable utilizing various search engines and proprietary databases.
- Must show an interest in learning, the ability to work well in a team environment, and be comfortable speaking in front of their peers and clients.
- Must be a Sole U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a full U.S. Government security clearance up to TS/SCI level and cannot possess dual citizenship.
- Proficient with open source scientific databases (e.g. SciFinder, PubMed, ScienceDirect)
- Ability to read and search scientific research, medical, and patent literature
- Willingness to work in small groups or independently as necessary
- Demonstrated technical writing skills, shown by articles published in technical journals, reports, theses, etc.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- MS in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or Biochemistry with 0-2 years of experience
- Familiarity with reference management software (e.g. Endnote, RefMan) and authoring in media-wiki software
- Experience reviewing and assessing CBW Defense topics
- Currently possess a DoD sponsored Top Secret clearance
- Experience with MediaWiki technology is a plus
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
#linkedin #clearancejobs #indeedcampaign