Radio Frequency (RF) Engineering Intern (Summer 2018)
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Radio Frequency (RF) Engineering Intern for Summer 2018. The position is located at Battelle Headquarters in Columbus, OH.
Radio Frequency (RF) Engineering Intern will work in the Electronics Warfare Technology Center (EWTC) focused on the convergence of radio frequency, microwave, millimeter-wave and photonic technologies to develop novel components, subsystems and systems for communications, radar systems, and electronic warfare. The EWTC works across Battelle to lead and/or support Applied Research and Engineering projects in support of US Government and commercial clients.
The ideal candidate is proactive, eager to learn, and can view problems analytically and creatively. Although technical competence and critical thinking skills are expected at Battelle, emphasis is placed on technical/non-technical problem solving, effectiveness, and tenacity.
- Participate in prototyping, fabrication, and testing of components, subsystems and systems.
- Conduct laboratory and/or field test and/or experiments involving radios, receivers, antennas and/or photonics.
- Provide engineering support to technical staff and managers, as required.
- Generate technical documents, including test plans and test reports.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Must be pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related degree from an ABET-accredited program with at least sophomore standing or higher.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Interest in one or more of the following areas:
- Analog and digital circuits
- Radio Frequency (RF) circuits and systems
- Photonics and fiber optic systems
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Positive attitude and eagerness to take on technical challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with willingness/ability to possess a DoD security clearance
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
- Experience and/or course work in analog and digital circuits
- Experience and/or course work in electromagnetics and radio-frequency circuits
- Interest in photonic components and systems
- Experience with MATLAB and LabVIEW
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers