System Analyst II
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Systems Analyst II. This position is located in Frederick, MD.
The Systems Analyst II will work with the research facility’s data management team and assist with overseeing systems and processes for the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Integrated Research Facility (IRF) located at Fort Detrick in Frederick, Maryland. The ideal candidate will be quantitatively-focused, capable of working independently or a part of a team, be capable of design and execution of small data oriented projects, and interested in scientific research and specifically viral pathogens.
Job Duties include:
- Develops and maintains computer-based information systems, particularly the laboratory information management systems (LIMS) that support the conduct of research at the IRF.
- Identifies and documents functional needs and system requirements; performs complex systems design and analysis based upon these requirements.
- Provides expertise in the design, testing, implementation and integration of purchased software and enhancements as appropriate; creates and maintains associated project plans, status reports, and schedules.
- Consults with, supports and trains users on assigned application systems.
- Maintains and enhances current professional technical knowledge, contributes to team effort, and secures client confidence by providing high-quality products and services.
- Utilizes knowledge of system design and organizational business processes to provide data analysis and communication services.
- Designs, develops, and maintains a library of complex queries, stored procedures, Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) processes, visualizations, and reports in support of both program management and scientific research.
- Expertise with data analysis and visualization tools, including Excel, SQL, Tableau, and/or R/SAS/Python
- Expertise with clinical/scientific electronic data capture (EDC) tools, including
- LabWare, FreezerPro, or other LIMS
- RedCap or other form-based data capture applications
- Familiarity with content management platforms, like SharePoint and Open Text
- Familiarity with Word, PowerPoint, and Project Management/Scheduling Software
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Must be a US citizens or permanent resident.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or a related discipline and at least 2-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Familiarity with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Data Management, and Project Management fundamentals and best practices.
- Familiarity with data visualization and analysis best practices.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust Level 5b.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Knowledge or experience planning and executing biomedical research studies, preferably in a BSL3 or BSL4 laboratory environment.
- Scientific training or background in biomedical research, infectious diseases, immunology, and/or medical imaging.
- Customer-focused attitude and ability to work proactively and efficiently with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Professional, detail-oriented client-ready written and oral communication skills; essential that all deliverables are thorough and accurate.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers