Medical Research Master Technician
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking an Data Coordinator to work full time. This position is located at the Joint Base San Antonio in support of the Air Force Medical Service Enterprise supporting Clinical Investigations Program and Clinical Research mission in San Antonio, TX.
The Data Coordinator provides services and support compatible with the medical facilities operating capacity and equipment to help organize and oversee GLOBAL Air Force Medical Service enterprise-wide, medical research, clinical and translational research, investigative activities and resources. The incumbent will provide patient-oriented research programs oriented to mechanisms of human disease, therapeutic interventions, clinical trials, development of new Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs), technologies, epidemiologic and behavioral studies or outcomes, and health services related to military medicine. Translational research activities will be designed to connect current trends in patient care with new updated state of the art modalities required of military medicine worldwide.
This position will be part of a team to provide technical professional services within Joint Base San Antonio in support of the Air Force Medical Service Enterprise supporting Clinical Investigations Program and Clinical Research mission. The incumbent will collaborate with enterprise-wide Project Investigators, in order to develop research protocols that includes human subjects research and associated Institutional Review Board (IRB) regulatory compliance approvals for the various pilot evaluations to also include animal subjects/ Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) approvals. Specifically:
• Work as a member of the research teams to complete research-related tasks in compliance with federal, DoD and AF research guidelines.
• Maintain administrative records related to the research.
• Uses ability as a highly skilled specialist to contribute to the development of concepts and techniques and to complete a wide range of project work in creative and effective ways.
• Collect, transport and prepare samples for laboratory analysis, storage, and/or shipping.
• Test, evaluate and disseminate results of analyses obtained from test platforms.
• Works on assignments that are highly complex in nature where independent action, creativity and initiative are required in assisting with problem resolution and in the development and implementation of recommended actions.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
?• High School Diploma and substantive knowledge of medical terminology, to include common medical and scientific abbreviations, and have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within field of study.
• Experience working in support of Air Force Medical Research.
• Ability to work in a complex medical research setting with personnel from diverse disciplines.
• Demonstrated superior organization and clinical management skills during the most recent 2 years.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively and build relationships.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Ability to travel to attend required training up to two weeks per year.
Ability to obtain an active favorable National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI)
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
• Bachelor's degree.
• Experience in writing medical procedures.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers