Business Intelligence Analyst
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst will operate as a member of the Business Development & Sales Operations team and be responsible for using complex software platforms to mine data sources and identify trends, primarily for clients / agencies and associated competitors in the federal arena. To be effective, the BI Analyst will need exceptional technical, analytical, communication, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Conduct in-depth competitive intelligence research and analysis using a variety of industry software platforms and tools (GovWin IQ, Bloomberg Government, DACIS, D&B Hoovers, etc.)
- Research, analyze and summarize federal budgets and spending profiles of targeted government agencies
- Generate and present client and competitive analyses in support of large capture opportunities that span the defense, homeland security and federal health RDT&E arenas
- Generate and present market analyses to support market-based business and investment decisions
- Provide teaming partner analysis and decision support to major procurements
- Proactively work with other departments and resources in the company to gather data and information relevant to business development initiatives.
- Maintain the SharePoint sites as well as other BI-specific repositories of information
- Contribute to the development of win strategies
- Communicate and influence at a senior level
- Participate in special projects as required
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in business, strategic marketing, statistics, or mathematics and a minimum of 5 years related experience. A technical degree is acceptable with 10 years relevant experience.
- At least two years of direct competitive intelligence experience in the industry. Experience in business management consulting and SQL programming experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities; possesses exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to dissect complex issues, quickly synthesize large quantities of data, and draw insights to inform decisions
- Strong presentation, facilitation, and communication skills
- Familiarity with the business development lifecycle
- Eligibility for a security clearance
- Demonstrated ability to create credible and useful analyses and presentations
- Proficiency in MS Power Point, Excel, and SharePoint; advanced data visualization skills preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Dynamic CRM desirable
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to quickly learn and comprehend a variety of new topics and concepts
- Ability to work well as part of a virtual team
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.