Benefits Consultant - Retirement Plans
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Benefits Consultant – Retirement Plans. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
Analyzes benefits data from one or more of the following plans – pension, 401(k), and/or nonqualified defined contribution plans. Ensures accurate determination of plan benefits and eligibility. Prepares regulatory filings and assists in auditing and administering Battelle benefits. Provides high-level support for plan interpretation and technical research. Manages relationships with third party administrators, as applicable. Consults with and advises Benefits staff on benefits eligibility, options and procedures. Also assists in health and welfare plan projects as determined by management.
- Oversees administration of all Battelle benefit plans to ensure appropriate processes and procedures in accordance with Battelle plans, policies and applicable laws and regulations. Majority of role focused on pension and 401(k) plan activities.
- Provides information, support and guidance to Benefits staff and/or third party administrators with respect to administrative requirements, processes and procedures, regulatory requirements, internally developed guidelines and plan provisions.
- Issues or supervises the preparation of required accounting/finance reports for use by Benefits Finance, Benefits Administration, Internal Audits and Accounting.
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of all legally required documents including Summary Plan Descriptions and plan notices.
- Establishes and implements procedures, audit programs, and policies consistent with existing guidelines to contribute to operational effectiveness.
- Interfaces directly with internal stakeholders and external vendors regarding problems, solutions and clarifications of ongoing benefits administration as necessary. Interfaces directly with systems personnel regarding procedures and enhancements to benefit systems.
- Performs special projects as delegated, may led projects as necessary.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
- Familiarity/experience with retirement benefits (pension and 401(k)).
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
Experience with benefit plans audits and an understanding of common retirement plan terminology.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers