Laboratory QA/QC Intern (Summer 2018)
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Laboratory Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Control (QC) Intern. This position is located in Richmond, KY.
Battelle’s Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant (BGCAPP) group specializes in the chemistry and engineering of a first-of-a-kind processing facility that will destroy the last of the United States stockpiled arsenal of cold-war-era chemical weapons, in compliance with international treaty. This position is available for summer 2018.
- Supports QA/QC objectives in support of BGCAPP Laboratory, which may include, but is not limited to: agent standards accountability, chemical agent neutralization processes, waste water analysis of Hydrolysate, air monitoring, precision and accuracy studies, etc. in accordance with the requirements of lab operating procedures and analytical methods.
- Assists QA/QC staff in the development of the laboratory Quality Management System.
- Assists QA/QC staff in the development of critical task metrics, surveillance and audit criteria to support quality control plan requirements.
- Supports laboratory quality with independent assessments of laboratory and monitoring equipment, technical reviews, technical specifications, performance charting and instrument operating conditions and limits in accordance with governing plans and policy.
- Assists in development and conducting internal and external facility inspections, surveillances, audits and assessments to support regulatory and procedural compliance with applicable Army, Federal, State of Kentucky, local requirements.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Students must be actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree in sciences, mathematics, or engineering with at least two years of undergraduate coursework completed with a minimum GPA 3.0 in the area of study.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Applicant must be able to work both independently and as part of a team; demonstrated organizational skills desired.
- Proven capability to work with minimal guidance.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must be a US Citizen. The applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet and maintain eligibility requirements to be placed in a Public Trust Position.
- Drug-free workplace; urine testing for drugs are mandatory.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers