Embedded Systems Engineer Mid-Career
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking an Embedded Systems Engineer III. This position is in Beavercreek, OH. Come in for an interview to find out why Battelle is right for you.
Do you like solving the hardest computing problems in the world, working on research projects you are passionate about, and competitive mini basketball, and bumper pool? Battelle may be the company for you.
Battelle Cyber Engineers solve the toughest Computer Science problems in the world. We work in small agile teams to push the bounds of computing technology. Our high-powered computer labs include specialized software and hardware, so our engineers have everything they need to invent new Cyber solutions.
Battelle is committed to its employee’s professional growth. We encourage new ideas with our large Internal Research and Development (IRAD) program where engineers work on projects they are passionate about.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Collaborate with the trust and assurance team to assess the security, reliability, and trustworthiness of electronic devices, integrated circuits, and embedded systems
- Perform and support digital forensics
- Conduct and / or participate in assigned technical tasks and activities with minimum supervision and within time and budget constraints
- Identifies and articulates strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions and problem approaches during technical discussions.
- Demonstrates awareness of deliverables and their role within the project plan. Identifies and executes steps necessary to complete less structured assignments with limited guidance from SMEs.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to prepare and present technical content tailored to the client's mission. Leads technical discussions, demonstrating command of the technology and adequately fielding questions which arise.
- Contribute to Internal Research and Development (IRAD) studies and may lead small IRAD tasks.
- Seeks out technical experts for collaboration and facilitates technical discussions with lower level staff.
- Demonstrates understanding of business product offerings and contributes to marketing / business development by providing technical expertise during marketing engagements as well as supporting business development efforts led by others.
- Forms technical approach and generates technical volumes for small proposals with minimal guidance and leads Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) creation and labor estimates.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-9 years’ experience in Engineering, Physics, Materials Science or related field of study; Master’s degree with 0-6 years’ experience; or PhD with 0-2 years’ experience, or equivalent experience
- Experience in integrated circuit design, fabrication, or failure analysis OR test and design of integrated circuits and systems
- Experience with optics, laser systems, photonics, and/or electronic test and measurement equipment
- Familiarity with device physics
- Familiarity with failure analysis tools, techniques, and processes
- Ability to work independently and in a multidisciplinary environment
- Organize and follow standard operating procedures and health and safety guidelines
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Must be a sole US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with one or more of following:
- Trusted Electronics, Hardware Security
- Failure analysis tools, techniques, and processes
- Electronic Design Automation (EDA) or Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD) tools
- Photonics, optical imaging systems or integrated circuit imaging techniques
- Optical modeling and free-space optics design
- Programming with Python, Matlab, Labview, or C
- Device physics
- Integrated circuit design and/or fabrication
- Working knowledge with Focused Ion Beam (FIB) operation and capabilities and Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) operation and capabilities
- Demonstrated experience modifying integrated circuits using FIB to add or remove material and build additional functionality
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.