Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Battelle’s Consumer, Industrial and Medical Business Unit is seeking a Sales Professional for our contract Medical Device Development business.
Location of the position is negotiable; preferred locations include Boston MA, Newark NJ, Philadelphia PA, Research Triangle area, Minneapolis MN, Los Angeles CA, San Francisco CA, or Columbus OH.
- Responsible for developing and executing contract R&D sales strategies to optimize sales, growth, market penetration, and profitability in the in vitro diagnostics (IVD) market.
- Serve as sales lead for a variety of IVD development opportunities regardless of geography. Attend conferences and trade shows that focus on this market.
- Maintain and build effective relationships with key and target accounts, healthcare industry leaders and industry associations.
- Qualify viable leads and communicate them to appropriate team members for further evaluation and support. Work with proposal team to craft winning strategies.
- Develop expert understanding of client needs and map those needs to Battelle’s offerings.
- Responsible for delivering against personal and business unit financial targets, including sales, gross margin and contribution margin. Meet or exceed agreed-upon sales goals.
- Identify and work with Marketing and Technical teams to champion appropriate internal investments to solve unmet market or client needs and grow business.
- Position requires significant travel. Amount of travel will vary depending on candidate’s location.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering or Life Sciences field.
- 12+ years’ experience in sales and business development selling to IVD, medical device, combination product, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical customers.
- Experience selling consulting/engineering services preferred over product sales experience. Experience selling medical contract manufacturing services may also be considered.
- Existing network of client contacts in the IVD market and the ability to leverage these into qualified business opportunities.
- Proven track record of leading, winning and growing sales and managing customer relationships. Experience leading and winning opportunities >$1M.
- Familiarity with competitors in the IVD market and experience in competitive assessment. Basic understanding of FDA regulations as they relate to IVDs, medical devices, combination products, biologics and pharmaceutical products.
- Experience developing sales pipelines and utilizing a CRM for tracking.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience with Microsoft CRM/Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant Engineering or Life Sciences field
- Experience selling for a product design and development service/consulting company
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers