Closeout Analyst I
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Closeout Analyst I. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
The selected candidate will provide support in the closeout of procurement actions and the closeout of basic client contracts.
- Partners with operations and contracts staff to gather and record information required for closeout of expiring client contracts. Works with Project Managers to collect date to complete Federal Government forms such as DD250’s and DD882’s. Completes other closeout related documentation as contractually required per contract terms or Federal Government regulations.
- Maintains records as prescribed in the Internal Operating Procedures.
- Responds to internal and external requests for documentation related to closed contracts in a timely manner. Researches and gathers information to complete client specific closeout forms.
- Initiates batch closings of P Card and Purchasing Purchase Orders (PO’s). Closes individual PO’s as authorized.
- Coordinates the closeout of subcontracts.
- Receives internal authorizations from the organization to begin subcontract closeout.
- Works directly with vendors to obtain required subcontract closeout documentation.
- Verifies and reconciles vendor forms against Battelle financial records and systematically records the completion of selected agreement requirements (CMR, property, patent, small business, classified documentation). Records closeout notes and status changes in Catalyst.
- Prepares files for submission for an audit based on Internal Operating Procedures (IOP’s).
- Approves the closeout of the subcontract and works with Accounts Payable to release any held vendor invoices.
- Systematically closes the subcontract in Catalyst.
- As assigned, completes the closeout of basic Federal Government rate-based contracts.
- Interprets contract billing requirements related to client contracts. Completes an independent desk audit of contract costs and billings to verify compliance with cost allowability, funding limitations, contractual and Federal Government requirements.
- Identifies and reconciles discrepancies in financial data to correctly support the cumulative billed. Works with Team Lead to initiate corrective actions as needed.
- Performs a detailed unbilled analysis adhering to GAAP, FAR and other relevant closeout requirements.
- Calculates and submits indirect rate adjustments.
- Creates the final invoice or voucher and related closeout documents.
- Assembles closeout package and submits to clients. Submission may be through a client e-commerce site such as Wide Area Workflow (WAWF).
- As assigned, completes the internal closeout of Federal Government Firm Fixed Price and non-Federal Government client contracts.
- Verifies that billing has been completed and unbillable costs written off.
- Confirms that other contract specific closeout requirements have been accomplished.
- Systematically records information in preparation for a final revenue review of contracts.
- Orders office supplies.
- Coordinates the transfer of documents to and from the Records Management Office (RMO).
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Two years of prior billing or procurement experience, preferably with Federal Government agreements. Prior experience with contracting concepts, Federal Acquisition Requirements, Uniform Commercial Code.
- Working knowledge of project costing, general ledger accounting and revenue recognition.
- Solid analytical and communication skills. Ability to work both independently with minimum supervision as an effective team member. General knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Sound business ethics.
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities and short deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills, specifically in Excel, Access and Outlook. The ability to learn and use various other software systems.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen whose background would not preclude obtaining a security clearance.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers