Maritime Systems Electrical Engineering Intern (Summer 2018)
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Our Maritime Systems group is currently seeking an Electrical Engineering Intern for Summer 2018. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
The Electrical Engineering Intern will support Battelle’s Maritime Systems business. This group specializes in the design, development, test, and production of complex electronics and electromechanical systems for the maritime environments.
- Provide support to electrical component design which may include but is not limited to: searching for parts, specifying components, building wire harnesses, and designing circuits, including the layout, build, test, and debugging
- Support test activities; prepare engineering documentation as required
- Provide engineering support to product technical staff and managers, as required
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 18 months of undergraduate coursework completed
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Familiarity with electrical engineering design tools and methods
- Experience with standard lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, voltmeters, function generators, etc.
- Experience with engineering schematics
- Experience working in a lab environment, including preparing, conducting, and documenting tests, soldering, and wiring
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office application software
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Positive attitude and eagerness to take on technical challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- U.S. citizenship is required, with the eligibility to obtain and maintain required government security clearance
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Previous internship or work experience in the engineering discipline is preferred
- Applicants available for more than one work term will be given preference
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers