Finance Intern (Summer 2018)
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking Finance Interns for Summer 2018. These positions are located in Columbus, Ohio.
We strive for work assignments that are educational and meaningful. We recognize that work experience relating to the student’s career goal can be beneficial to the student in obtaining permanent employment upon graduation. The intern’s duties will be of a nature similar to duties that would be assigned to a full-time employee.
Our Finance interns interact with various groups across Battelle, including technical staff, Legal, Accounting and Finance. They will be immersed in Battelle’s culture, and will have opportunities to learn about all that the company has to offer. Successful candidates will need to apply knowledge and a keen attention to detail to complete assignments with a high degree of accuracy.
Finance interns will be placed in Financial Support, Treasury, Financial Planning and Analysis, Internal Audit, Procurement and Strategic Acquisition Services and have an opportunity to learn the methods, tasks and objectives each of these groups complete in their day-to-day support of Battelle’s operations and business strategy.
Typical Finance Intern assignments include:
- Work closely with senior and junior members of the various finance groups to support Battelle’s corporate finance initiatives and objectives
- Complete financial tasks and duties that assist with Battelle’s unique business structure as a not-for-profit, government contract research company
- Gain hands-on experience with a specific department in Battelle’s finance group
- Collaborate with other Battelle interns on department projects and assignments
- Communicate results and progress using written and oral communication to the project team
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, or Operations Management
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0) and a Junior in grade level
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to demonstrate good organization, communication, problem-solving and teamwork skills
- Must be flexible with a high commitment to achieve deadlines
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain required government security clearances
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers