Corporate Information Technology Communications Intern (Summer 2018)
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Corporate Information Technology Communications Intern for Summer 2018. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio. This candidate will work 30-40 hours per week over the summer and 15-20 hours per week during the school year.
This individual will be a part of a team and will participate in project activities that complement academic training. They will work with a Senior Technical Trainer while performing a variety of tasks. The intern will have daily interaction with IT staff to gain practical experience, perform a number of functions in a training capacity utilizing their technical, organizational, and administrative skills. The intern will work on assignments where judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. In addition, gathering and organizing data for reference use is essential.
- Assist with third party vendor classes, such as registration, scheduling, and communications.
- Training development – develop training materials in Adobe Captivate, PowerPoint and ServiceNow.
- Create/edit a kiosk presentation on a weekly basis.
- Provide administrative assistance with electronic filing of training documentation and communications using SharePoint.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Currently enrolled in a four-year college degree program working toward a Bachelor's degree in Training and Development, Education, IT/Computer Science, Communications or another related field
- At least two years of college coursework completed
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint Online, and/ or Yammer)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in order to meet assigned deadlines
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work under moderate supervision
- Ability to support others, share accountability and be able to adapt to change
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain or maintain security clearances
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Knowledge/experience with Adobe Captivate and/or learning management systems
- Knowledge/experience with ServiceNow
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers