Cyber Trust and Assurance Business Line Manager
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
The Cyber Innovations Business Unit is currently seeking a Business Line Manager to lead our Cyber Trust and Assurance business. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
The Business Line Manager will drive growth of Battelle’s rapidly expanding Cyber Trust and Assurance business, focused on electronic hardware and firmware. The Business Line Manager is responsible for the preparation and implementation of short- and longer term plans for the business, to include management and oversight of customer projects and internal investments, developing new business, hiring and leading technical staff, and contributing to the growth and continued viability of the organization.
The successful candidate will have comprehensive subject matter expertise across an array of topics in domains supporting research and development to assure the security and reliability of microelectronics and embedded systems and of the electronics supply chain itself.
- Leading the development and execution of the Cyber Trust and Assurance multi-year business plan that defines the business strategy, focus markets, growth expectations, and operational and investment blueprint for the Business Line.
- Contributing to and achieving business line financial targets.
- Creating and maintaining a values-based, talent-advantaged, high-performing organization. Provide staff leadership, to include hiring, career development, and retention within Business Line.
- Business development in accordance with the Business Line’s strategy.
- Collaboration across business line boundaries both within the Cyber Innovations business unit and with other Battelle business units and support organizations.
- Position will require ability to travel domestically in support of business objectives.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering or other related technical fields; Master’s degree or higher in a related technical discipline is preferable.
- 10+ years of experience working in a technical environment with staff management accountability.
- Deep understanding of the market space, and technical and programmatic familiarity with cyber trust and assurance challenges and programs within the national security enterprise.
- Proven ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams in achievement of business objectives.
- Broad network of relationships with key individuals within the government and industry.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively to top management internally and within client organizations, subcontractors, consultants and staff.
- Ability to travel domestically in support of business objectives.
- Sole US citizenship, with active TS/SCI.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers