Project Controls Analyst
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in human health, security, environment, and energy. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Works as part of the Business Unit Finance team providing financial support. Primary activities include Business Partnership and Advisor, Business Financial Services, Compliance and Governance, and Education and Growth. Independently applies knowledge to complete assignments within extremely tight and strict schedules.
- Participates in the bid and proposal process; reviews request for proposal (RFP) and provides support to proposal team; performs rough order magnitude (ROM) estimates; reviews and provides input to proposal cost estimate (PCE) forms as well as reviews pricing output.
- Contributes to proposal development process by supporting proposal deliverables such as project schedule Gantt chart, work breakdown structure (WBS) development, or engaging in red-team reviews.
- Assists in developing pricing strategy and supporting gate reviews. Researches and analyzes historical cost data and develops cost models to support proposal effort.
- Reviews document repository for proposal requirements and client requests and assesses information in preparation for preliminary meetings. Uploads pricing information into document repository, as appropriate.
- Works with the Project/Program Manager (PM) to develop and maintain the WBS and activity structure that supports contract financial requirements. Completes and submits the Time & Material (T&M) resource forms.
- Develops project’s time-phased budget baseline during project set-up phase and performs baseline maintenance during project execution.
- Supports PM and/or senior project control staff with project performance management through the use of EVMS tools (MPM, PMPlan, MSProject, P6) to ensure that projects are within the contract guidelines.
- Prepares and maintains project reporting documents.
- Prepares non-standard backup data for invoicing; reviews billable costs and project cost information for accuracy. Identifies and submits cost corrections. Reconciles Catalyst vs. CBA costs.
- Supports internal/external audit reviews and risk/opportunity management.Prepares for and supports DCMA/DCAA EVMS audits.
- Performs final cost reconciliation upon project completion. Support disposition of any outstanding transactions and performs final review to close out pending charges.
- Proficient with one or more Business Services tools and processes (Catalyst, CBA, Essbase, MS Office, Project Management, Change Management, Pricing – IPS, Forecasting, FAR, CAS, DFARS)
- Proficient with one or more EVMS tools and processes (MPM, P6, MS Project, PMPlan, EIA-748 EVMS, BCO EVMS System Description)
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in business related field or equivalent relevant experience and at least 5-8 years’ experience in a business field.
- Primavera P6 expertise required. Ability to maintain and status P6 schedules as needed.
- Prior cost estimation and/or project controls or financial analyst experience preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products; including Excel proficiency.
- Ability to demonstrate good organization, communication, problem-solving and teamwork skills. Must be flexible with a high commitment to achieve deadlines.
- Must have a background which would not preclude a security clearance granted.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.