Executive Assistant, CTO/CIO
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking an Executive Assistant supporting both the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) AND Chief Information Officer (CIO). This position located in Columbus, Ohio.
Under minimal supervision and acting on own initiative, anticipates the needs of and provides comprehensive support of a highly confidential nature to the CTO & CIO. Interfaces with other administrative employees to share or coordinate workload.
- Utilizes a thorough knowledge of the business and/or organization, provides administrative processes and projects in support of the CIO & CTO.
- Assignments generally involve work of a confidential nature and require knowledge of the practices and procedures of the function, company products, policies and programs. Facilitates decision-making.
- Assembles and analyzes information, prepares reports, manuals, agendas, correspondence and memoranda.
- Produces graphics for presentation. Monitors department or project budget, keeping management apprised of budgetary status.
- Answers mail and inquiries on own initiative, follows up with other departments to ensure that requests are carried out.
- Manages personal calendar for the CIO & CTO. Schedules meetings, appointments and conferences. Makes travel arrangements.
- Answers telephone calls, tactfully handles inquiries and/or transfers calls to appropriate party.
- Prepares, reviews and processes expense reports.
- May take dictation and transcribe notes for letters, memos or reports.
- Prepares materials in final form from very rough and involved drafts which may utilize frequent use of technical terminology and which combine materials from several sources.
- Plans layout of complex reports and statistical tables.
- Orders and maintains supplies and ensures office equipment is functioning.
- Operates general office equipment such as computer, copier, calculator, fax, or other similar machines.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- High School Diploma, plus advanced secretarial training 8+ years exp.
- Good oral and written communications skills equivalent to those obtained in high school or commensurate experience.
- Extensive working knowledge of departmental and company policies, procedures and practices. Self-initiative and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize work under tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must possess demonstrated ability to deal effectively with senior management.
- Excellent knowledge of commonly used PC applications such as word processing, spread sheets and databases.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K and employer contribution, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers