Information Technology Intern (Summer 2018)
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking an Information Technology Intern for part-time during Summer 2018. This position is located in Baltimore, Maryland.
The Information Technology Intern will support our Corporate IT (CIT) department and be involved in project activities that complement their academic training. CIT interns will work with senior CIT staff while performing a variety of tasks. There will be daily interaction with IT staff to gain practical experience and an opportunity to perform a number of functions in a training capacity utilizing technical, organizational, and administrative skills. Assignments will be given where judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. In addition, gathering and organizing data for use in supporting decision-making processes will be essential. The position will be located in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Testing software applications and business systems
- Assisting with the daily change management process
- Creating documentation for business processes
- Working with network and infrastructure teams
- Building presentation skills
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Must be currently working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field with sophomore class standing or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Possess a basic understanding of computer information systems (hardware and software)
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work under moderate supervision
- Ability to multi-task and manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to support others, share accountability and be able to adapt to change.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Security Clearances
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.