Principal Research Scientist
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place
We are currently seeking a Critical Infrastructure Program Manager This position located in Washington, DC.
The Critical Infrastructure Protection Program Manager supports the Critical Infrastructure Protection Program Office of US Army Corps of Engineers in analyzing and addressing critical infrastructure planning and readiness issues, from risk assessment through the appropriate coordinated response and recovery actions, in order to improve homeland security preparedness for domestic stakeholders facing a potentially catastrophic event. This position has four primary areas of responsibility that include IT Product Management, Policy and Technical Writing, Risk Assessments, and Program Management.
IT Product Management
- Manage the operations and maintenance of the Corps of Engineers Security Assessment Tool (CESAT). This tool is a web-based platform of 5 data collection tools and analytical capabilities.
- Identify improvements for the tool, coordinate with Government Program office and developers, track and test all improvements prior to release.
- Document system requirements, oversee data migration, and test applications before release/updates
- Coordinate with the Critical Infrastructure Protection Program client, end users, and the government team in Vicksburg, MS.
Policy & Technical Writing
- Serve as a subject matter expert in developing security risk assessment policy
- Contribute to the development and successful pilot of methodologies for physical- and cyber-security assessments
- Provide technical review of risk analysis methodologies, policies and white papers
- Lead field assessments to quantify risks and vulnerabilities at critical infrastructure
- Identify risk mitigation options tailored to individual projects
- Develop instructional materials to guide field staff through leading their own assessments
- Track ongoing security risk assessments and maintain a large dataset of properties on each of the Corps' 725 dams.
- Lead routine coordination with Federal offices such as the DHS Office of Infrastructure Protection, FEMA, and various departments and centers of expertise within the US Army Corps of Engineers
- Provide overarching program management support including planning, budgeting, communications, media development, and agency and dams sector outreach
- Represent Federal client on interagency and intra-agency committees, work groups, task forces, and at industry conferences & seminars
- Represent the Corps on the Dams Sector Critical Infrastructure Partnership Advisory Council (CIPAC)
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- US Citizenship
- Active Secret clearance, and the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearanc
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with 8-10yrs experience.
- Experience in IT product management or development of web applications.
- Sound understanding of the continually changing security environment; and understanding of theories and practices within risk assessment and mitigation
- Demonstrative ability for advanced conceptual thinking in complex and/or completely new situations
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Active Top-Secret clearance
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers