Communication / Public Relations Spec
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Communication / Public Relations Specialist. This position is located in Crystal City (Arlington), Virginia.
Battelle’s Communication & Involvement group based in Crystal City (Arlington), Va., helps federal government clients build positive relationships with their stakeholders. Most of our clients have a role in national defense and homeland security and are based in the DC Metro area. As part of our team, you will
- Identify and research audiences, develop communication campaigns, craft messages, create outreach products, and evaluate communication effectiveness.
- Write, edit, and provide design input for a variety of media including press releases, brochures, newsletters, fact sheets, social media, websites, and multi-media presentations.
- Prepare final products for client delivery.
- Interact and build relationships with government clients ranging from junior to senior level to understand tasks goals, gather input to complete tasks, and review draft and final deliverables.
- Communicate about specialized homeland security subject matter that will include nuclear nonproliferation and arms control, emergency response and other homeland security-related topics.
- Limited travel (less than 10% annually) may be required, based on client needs.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in communication, public relations, marketing communication, or related field
- 0-2 years of experience, inclusive of internships.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint), Internet Explorer, and Adobe Reader.
- Experience identifying, learning, and using social media and new electronic media and tools, such as survey tools, mass e-mailing tools, content management systems, and tools for tracking metrics.
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain government security clearance.
- References required.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience communicating within a government public affairs office.
- Experience with graphic design.
- Experience communicating about topics related to national defense and homeland security.
- Possess a current Department of Defense Secret clearance.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
#linkedin #clearance #indeedcampaign