Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Staff Internal Auditor. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
Performs or assists in performing audits under the direct guidance of the Chief Audit Executive or Internal Audit Manager. Audit areas may include reviews of effectiveness and efficiency of operations; compliance with policies and regulations; safeguarding of assets; and identification of any irregularities, fraud, and other acts that pose significant risks to Battelle.
- Performs or assists in the performance of financial and operational audits of Battelle Columbus Operations and Battelle subsidiaries.
- Performs or assists in conducting the testing of COSO and other key internal key controls and prepares or assists in the preparation of the draft report on such reviews.
- Performs or assists in the performance of efficiency reviews of major systems, processes and procedures.
- Performs or assists in the performance of compliance and consistency reviews of internal policies and procedures in accordance with state and federal laws and government regulations.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of draft reports on the results of audits which include recommended corrective actions, as needed, to appropriate managers.
- Conducts internal audit engagements in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors International Professional Practices Framework requirements.
- Performs consultative services for management in conjunction with their major business processes or system implementation initiatives at the direction of Internal Audit leadership.
- Researches accounting, regulatory or management issues as needed.
- Performs or assists in the performance of special reviews and projects as requested by management and/or the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Learns and understands the Battelle investigation process and assists Internal Audit SMEs in the conduct of investigations.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance related field.
- Requires a minimum of two years accounting or finance experience with public, industrial or government audit experience preferred.
- Requires familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles and generally accepted auditing standards.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- CPA or MBA
- Big 4 Public Accounting Firm or major national firm experience
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers