Technical Trainer 2 (Lab Training Coordinator)
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Technical Trainer 2 (Lab Training Coordinator). This position is in Pueblo, Colorado.
Develops learning strategy and curriculum development as part of the Demil training team. Delivers house-designed and purchased core courses from the curriculum in a variety of e-learning, in-person, and virtual formats. Measures, analyzes, and reports the effectiveness of learning solutions.
- Leads and conducts course content development and instruction for laboratory analytical methods and operating procedures requiring certification or verification to satisfy laboratory and project specific quality objectives.
- Develops training certification matrixes and implements laboratory certification programs for all laboratory position and by task. Candidate will be responsible for maintaining electronic and hardcopy records for review as necessary.
- Leads and coordinates technical discussions with management, stakeholders and auditors on personnel site-specific training, personnel certifications and re-certification, and vendor training.
- Tracks, trends and schedules all laboratory required general, site-specific, vendor specific and Battelle training activities around employee’s working schedule to minimize production impacts.
- Conducts quality and peer review of laboratory generated data, work flow assessments, write and review technical laboratory documents, analyze data integrity and trends, and drafts the required government correspondence memos.
- Tracks, trends and oversees on the job-training by certified operators to junior staff.
- Assists in the development of laboratory technical scope requirements with the lab training program. Candidate shall identify required resources (staffing, materials, equipment and schedule) elements necessary to execute defined scope.
- Maintain both formal and informal communications and relationships with clients including responsibility for reports and presentations.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or equivalent scientific field of study with minimum of five (5) years analytical laboratory experience or a MS with two (2) years equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge in instrumental methods of analysis including gas chromatographic analysis (IC, ICP-MS, P&T, and HPLC), toxic material handling, and wet chemistry and EPA methods (8260, 8270, 9045, 9012, 8081, and 6020) highly desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of air monitoring systems and sampling techniques highly desired.
- Excellent PC skills which may include database entry/management (e.g. Windows OS, Access, MS Office Suite).
Additional selection and retention criteria will include the ability to:
- Must be a US Citizen. The selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet and maintain eligibility requirements to be placed in a Public Trust Position. In addition, applicant selected will be subject to qualification in accordance with Army Regulation 50-6, for placement in the U.S. Army Chemical personnel Reliability Program (CPRP).
- Flexibility to respond to urgent project requests and/or changing priorities. This position may be required a 50hr work week.
- Drug-free workplace; urine testing for drugs are mandatory.
- This position involves work near or with toxic and hazardous materials and requires ability to wear protective clothing/mask. Must be clean-shaven; must wear seat belts when driving or riding in vehicles on post.
- PCAPP is subject to Army Regulations (AR50-6 Chemical Surety Program and AR190-59 Unescorted Access Program) which govern persons performing work under the Chemical Personnel Reliability Program (CPRP) and Unescorted Access Program (UAP). Eligibility to be placed in a CPRP or UAP position requires US citizenship. Employees must favorably complete a series of screenings to include but not limited to: a National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC) security investigation, drug/alcohol testing and medical examination.
- PCAPP operates on a 24/7 schedule. This position may be required to work a schedule of rotating shifts including nights, weekends or holidays. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment. Respiratory screening and the ability to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) may be required for this position. The ability to obtain/maintain access to the Pueblo Chemical Depot is required.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers