Senior Internal Auditor
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Senior Internal Auditor. This position located in Columbus, Ohio.
Performs audits under the direct guidance of the CAE, BCO Internal Audit or Lead Internal Auditor. Audit areas may include reviews of effectiveness and efficiency of operations; compliance with policies and regulations; safeguarding of assets; and identification of any irregularities, fraud, and other acts that pose significant risks to Battelle.
- Plans and performs financial, operational, investigative and follow-up audits of Battelle Columbus Operations, Battelle Corporate activities, and Battelle subsidiaries.
- Conducts the testing of COSO and other key internal controls and prepares draft reports on such reviews.
- Conducts efficiency reviews of major systems, processes and procedures.
- Conducts compliance and consistency reviews of internal policies and procedures in accordance with state and federal laws and government regulations.
- Prepares draft reports on the results of audits that include recommended corrective actions, as needed, to appropriate managers.
- Assists external auditors in their audits of the consolidated financial statements, benefit plans, including Pension Plans, Savings Plan, and VEBA Plans, as well as the performance of the OMB Circular A133 audit, to help ensure the efficient use of audit resources and to resolve questions regarding internal accounting controls and presentation of data in Battelle financial statements.
- Plans and conducts special reviews and projects as requested by management and/or the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Conducts investigations as required according to Battelle’s established process acting as a SME in those areas requiring Internal Audit expertise. May act as Lead SME on investigations requiring audit expertise.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or in Accounting or Finance related field.
- CPA, CIA or MBA.
- Requires five to seven year’s experience in accounting or finance including public, industrial or government audit experience.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers