Architecture Analyst Level II
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking an Architecture Analyst. This position located at the J7, Joint Staff Complex, Suffolk, VA.
Candidate will support a team to analyze, design, evaluate, and plan the Business Architecture & Information Technology Systems Architecture in order to optimize the enterprise information technology architecture. Lead the development of complex DoDAF architecture products for the J7’s Joint Training Synthetic Environment (JSTE). Analyze and develop enterprise-level architecture projects to document capabilities, activities, and organizational relationships and systems. This includes in depth knowledge of Enterprise Architecture processes, and knowledge of enterprise architecture, logic, systems, programming, and components; and a broad range of knowledge across business, data, technology, applications and organizational views. Provides technical assistance to the team’s staff, to include: existing and new technology in all areas of information technology such as platform, operations, network, applications and security.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 or more years’ experience
- An in-depth knowledge of DoDAF processes and products.
- 3+ years of experience with developing DoDAF 2. 0 architecture documentation, including OVs, CVs, SVs PVs, and StdVs
- Ability to design and produce Enterprise Architecture products have an understanding of technical plans, system diagrams, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Excellent writing and communications skills, to include the ability to render concise reports, summaries, and provide oral presentations, and MS Office capability.
- Ability to quickly understand the customers overall technical objectives and mission and provide effective solutions.
- Must be a US Citizen with an active DoD Secret clearance.
- Experience with sophisticated architecture tools, including Sys Architect or SPARX
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Technical writing experience
- Master’s degree in a technically related field
- Able to interface, work well and communicate with multiple team mates on several projects simultaneously.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers