Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Logistician III to work at Logistics Command located in Albany, GA.
The Marine Corps Logistics Command (MARCORLOGCOM) mission is to provide worldwide, integrated logistics/supply chain distribution management, maintenance management, and strategic prepositioning capability in support of the Operating Forces and other supported units to maximize their readiness and sustainability and to support enterprise and program level Total Life Cycle Management.
The successful candidate will: become fully integrated in the MARCORLOGCOM mission, gain a deep understanding of the function of each center and sub-Command under LOGCOM authority, provide quality oversight on internal audits at sub- Commands and Centers ensuring compliance with Financial Improvement Audit Readiness (FIAR) guidelines, review internal controls from a quality perspective, and make recommendations to existing policies and procedures.
The selected candidate will:
- Serve as central control point for maintaining and disseminating command policies and procedures
- Under the guidance of the PM, author policies and procedures to support the command
- Work within the guidelines of the FIAR 2016 manual in order to support milestones for the MARCORLOGCOM FY2018 audit requirements
- Build a requirements management plan on agreed upon internal policy tasks, if weaknesses are identified develop a process improvement plan
- Develop and prepare trends analyses, forecasts, and impact statements regarding project progress
- In conjunction with team leads, implement internal controls and risk mitigation management framework on auditing activities in their respective areas
- Using expert judgment, assist in the preparation of process narratives and mapping of assets as they move throughout the command
- Working with senior leadership, ensure that all Corrective Action Plan (CAP) action items are completed within scheduled time
- Provide support to the Internal Controls Audit Readiness Team (ICART) during site visits
- Provide command level support during Kearny & Co audit visits
- In conjunction with senior management, monitor and control audit task activities
- As guided by the PM, assists in the delivery of all project goals, schedule, objectives and deliverables
- Working with senior management, sets, manages and communicates project expectations to team members
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience or equivalent years of related experience in lieu of degree
- Solid organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects effectively in a very fast-paced business/military environment
- Strong collaborative skills, able to partner with different functional areas, both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal communication skills including public speaking skills
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least one year of applicable technical experience
- Ability to communicate through verbal and written means with individuals, small groups and in front of large audiences at all levels of the Command
- Ability to ask appropriate questions, probe for understanding, and work in collaboration with others to achieve desired results
- The ability to remain current on information and technology that affects the functional areas with DoD quality department
- Proven ability to think analytically and strategically; always considering the big picture while never losing sight of the details
- Ability to build and maintain strategic partnerships within LOGCOM organization and beyond
- Proven ability to communicate candidly and effectively with both peers and management
- Demonstrate on “Day-1” your ability to influence policy change within an inventory/auditing environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be able to obtain a government Secret Clearance within 90 days of employment
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- QC inventory auditing experience with Government agencies
- Prior experience (active duty USMC or Civil Servant)
- A clear understanding of Marine Corps or other military logistics concepts
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the DoD FIAR Guidance
- Knowledge of USMC LOGCOM missions, goals, objectives, wholesale logistics concepts,, directives and processes and those of its major internal departments, systems and organizational elements
- Current US Government security clearance
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers