Business Process Analyst
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Business Process Analyst III to work at Marine Corps Logistics Command (MARCORLOGCOM) located in Albany, GA.
The MARCORLOGCOM mission is to provide worldwide, integrated logistics/supply chain distribution management, maintenance management, and strategic prepositioning capability in support of the Operating Forces and other supported units to maximize their readiness and sustainability and to support enterprise and program level Total Life Cycle Management.
The successful candidate will: become fully integrated in the MARCORLOGCOM mission, gain a deep understanding of the function of each center and sub-command under LOGCOM authority, perform internal audits at multiple sub-commands and centers , assist in internal control reviews, manage the command’s Corrective Action Plan (CAP) library, make recommendations to existing policies and controls.
The selected candidate will:
- Manage the command’s CAP library utilizing a Microsoft Access database
- Review command and sub-command maps in Microsoft Visio for accuracy and completeness
- Review team work products and deliverables for submission to the client
- Manage the command Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&M) utilizing Microsoft Project keeping the data up-to-date on a weekly basis
- Assist in the development of command training packages
- Confirm internal controls and document retention policies/procedures/systems are in place and operating effectively on a go-forward basis
- Review directed changes to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), orders, directives and system changes, and prepare auditing aids as required to support changes made
- Identify command developmental/audit needs and develop programs/initiatives to meet those needs to enhance performance and command knowledge throughout the organization while reflecting the command’s requirements for audit readiness
- Initiate follow-up audit proceedings as required to include exercising requirements that might arise from testing and evaluation, audits, process improvement, policy revision and sustainment requirements
- Report to management about asset utilization and audit results, and recommend changes in operations and financial activities
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings
- Exhibit proactive approach in working with external audit teams to identify and resolve client issues discovered during the audit
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and leverage that knowledge on engagements
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- 5-8 years of experience building data bases using MS Access
- Three years of experience utilizing MS Visio to map processes
- More than three years of experience utilizing MS Project to build Gantt charts
- Experience with the development of test plans, execution of test activities, and the development of reconciliations between inventory reports and detailed system reports
- Ability to communicate through verbal and written means with individuals, small groups and in front of large audiences at all levels of the command
- Ability to ask appropriate questions, probe for understanding, and work in collaboration with others to achieve desired results
- The ability to remain current on information and technology that affects the functional areas with DoD inventory processes
- Proven ability to think analytically and strategically; always considering the big picture while never losing sight of the details
- Ability to build and maintain strategic partnerships within MARCORLOGCOM organization and beyond
- Proven ability to communicate candidly and effectively with both peers and management
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government SECRET clearance
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Project management experience
- Prior experience (active duty USMC or Civil Servant) in the logistical arena
- A clear understanding of wholesale and retail logistics concepts
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the 2017 DoD FIAR Guidance
- Knowledge of USMC LOGCOM missions, goals, objectives, wholesale logistics concepts,, directives and processes and those of its major internal departments, systems and organizational elements
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers