Research Scientist-C/CAE (Computer
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a CAE (Computer Aided- Engineering) Engineer. This position located in
Battelle's Contract Research business is looking to expand our team of Structural Integrity Experts. We are seeking a CAE Engineer to join the team and provide structural analysis, design and optimization. Candidates will be expected to apply analytical expertise and tools including computer modeling software. Products and programs to be supported include avionics, ground based vehicles, undersea vehicles, transportation systems, and associated electro mechanical systems.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
• MS in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering or comparable degree program
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in structural integrity and analysis of complex systems.
• Must possess a strong knowledge of engineering mechanics fundamentals
• Support design trade studies, laboratory testing/data acquisition, and detailed design verification
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, and ability to use standard MS office and presentation
tools to communicate with customers, design teams and managers
• Demonstrated experience in writing and supporting technical proposals, and developing cost estimates
• Ability to mentor/train less experienced engineers
• Must be a US Citizen
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
• Experience using computer aided engineering tools including ABAQUS CAE, and other software packages such as Hypermesh and LS-Dyna
• Experience designing systems for military and or automotive requirements• Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment
• Published work in damage mechanics or fracture mechanics
• Specialized expertise in vibration, shock, or heat transfer
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
#linkedin #clearance #indeedcampaign