UXO QC Specialist
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Our Environment Business Line conducts research, characterization, and remediation of environmental contamination including munitions and explosives of concern (MEC). We are seeking qualified applicants for a UXO Quality Control (QC) Specialist position in Adak, Alaska for the upcoming 2018 field season.
In addition to being able to fully perform all of the UXO Sweep, UXO Technician I, UXO Technician II, and UXO Technician III functions, the UXO QC Specialist may:
- Execute the Three Phases of Control Quality Control Inspections and Surveillances on contractor MEC clearance activities
- Conduct and document quality control audits of all explosive operations for compliance with established procedures.
- Identify, document, report and ensure completion of all corrective actions to ensure all explosive operations comply with requirements.
- Reacquire geophysical anomalies from QA geophysical data and perform intrusive investigations to determine the source of the anomaly.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
Candidate must meet the minimum certification requirements as outlined in the DDESB TP-18:
- Graduate of a military EOD School of the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Germany, or Australia. (Personnel whose EOD status was terminated for gross negligence in the performance of assigned EOD duties, a flagrant violation of EOD safety procedures or regulation or who self-terminated the performance of EOD duties before the completion of 18 consecutive months of such duties will not be considered EOD qualified and will not be considered a military EOD School graduate. To obtain employment, such personnel must complete the training required for a UXO-TI.)
- 8 years of EOD/UXO experience, based on the actual amount of time spent performing UXO-related tasks (i.e., 1 man-year is equal to 2,080 hours of actual EOD/UXO experience).
- Graduate of an OSHA-compliant (29 CFR 1910.120(e)(4)) 8-hour Management and Supervisor Training course.
- Experience in all phases of munitions response actions or range clearance activities, and the transportation, handling and storage of munitions and commercial explosives.
- There is a preference that qualified candidates have either:
- Successfully completed training as a quality professional (i.e., International Standards Organization 9001 internal auditor, American Society of Quality Certified quality auditor); or,
- Possess a quality-professional certification by a recognized organization (e.g., U.S. Army the Corps of Engineers and Naval Facility Engineering Command Training Course Construction Quality Management for Contractors).
Documentation to support qualifications shall include:
- DD214 and Graduation Certificate from NAVSCOLEOD
- Certificates of quality control training, or
- Verifiable resume with specific QC/QA experience on MEC projects
- Valid driver’s license
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers