Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking an Intelligence Analyst to be the on-site support person for an established program. This position is located in the Northern Virginia/ Washington Metro Area. Come in for an interview to find out why Battelle is right for you.
The Intelligence Analyst will support Battelle’s Cyber Intelligence and Analytics group. We work in small agile teams and are always looking for new, creative ideas and passionate problem solvers. The position is an integral part of an accomplished team of analysts, and will work closely with linguists, engineers, chemists, and other scientific experts from across Battelle.
The position requires close collaboration with both external and internal teams including analysts, subject matter experts, and linguists to support the client’s mission. This position is responsible for working closely with the technical lead to convey requirements and deliverables of the task. The position will also establish a deadline for initial deliverables and daily communication to external stakeholders to provide iterative findings and ensure success of tasks. Once deliverables are finalized, this position will collaborate with the external stakeholders to determine any additional steps needed to incorporate the findings into formal reporting methods.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Applies advanced knowledge and experience in intelligence community objectives, gathering and analysis principles, specific disciplines, and technologies to solve complex problems.
- Work directly with clients, partner companies, and management to define objectives or products.
- Develops an innovative solution to complex problems and utilizes techniques for leveraging the most from intelligence data.
- Initiates, designs, and implements technical tasks for client research and information acquisition activities of a multi-discipline team for major technical projects or major phases of significant technical programs.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree with 9+ years working in the intelligence community with technical and operational experience, or equivalent experience.
- Experience and interest in electro-mechanical, aerospace, or non-small arms weapons systems.
- Ability to work directly with analysts and other subject matter experts at Battelle headquarters in Columbus, Ohio.
- Desire to operationally support including some travel.
- Research and report development experience on emerging technology/threats for technical insights.
- Hands-on experience with weapons systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to work successfully in teams (remotely and in person) of various disciplines, backgrounds, and physical locations.
- Sole U.S. Citizenship with an active TS/SCI with Poly clearance.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Master’s degree with 7+ years relevant experience or a PhD with 8+ years relevant experience
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.