OCS Doctrine and Concepts Analyst
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Doctrine and Concepts Developer for the Mission and Defense Technologies Business Unit. This position located in Fort Lee, VA.
Provides doctrinal and capabilities development in support of Operational Contract Support (OCS) Proponency Office within the Capabilities Development and Integration Directorate at US Army Combined Arms Support Command (CASCOM).
The performance of this work requires the application of broad knowledge of Joint and US Army doctrine for Sustainment, Logistics, and Operational Contract Support. Position requires excellent communications and interpersonal skills and familiarity with US Army and DOD force structure, operational concepts and capabilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct all required research and analysis to ensure concepts and doctrinal publications are comprehensive, relevant, current, and fully synchronized across all centers of excellence and proponents.
- Work in coordination with the government designated technical point of contact (TPOC), doctrine writers, and other subject matter experts from applicable organizations to develop doctrinal publications IAW TRADOC-mandated template and format.
- Research, develop, and deliver concepts, doctrinal products and draft publications to meet specific milestones IAW TRADOC Regulation 25-36.
- Ensure that all doctrine and concept products submitted comply with TRADOC-mandated Army Publishing Information Program (APIP) templates and meet bibliographic citation, legal, forms management and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that written products comply with TRADOC Regulation 25-30 Preparation, Production, and Processing of Army-wide Doctrinal and Training Literature (ADTL).
- Ensure that all products including graphics, terminology and abbreviations incorporated within concept and doctrinal products shall comply with ADRP 1-02.
- Develop and submit monthly status updates for the contracting officer representative (COR) to include all content specified in the Contract Performance Work Statement (PWS).
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited university with 5-8 years of related experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience performing staff functions within the Department of Defense, to include a minimum of two years’ experience with Operational Contract Support
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must currently possess a US Government Secret Security Clearance
- Subject matter expertise and work experience in developing doctrinal publications IAW TRADOC-mandated template and format
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Masters’ Degree and 2- 5 years of related experience.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”