Manager (Laboratory QA/QC and Logistics Manager)
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking an Laboratory QA/QC and Logistics Manager. This position is in Pueblo, Colorado.
The mission of Battelle is to translate scientific discovery and technology into societal benefits. Battelle's Threat Reduction business unit is focused on reducing weapons of mass destruction (WMD) threats to our nation and the world. Threat Reduction is seeking a Laboratory QA/QC and Logistics Manager in Pueblo, Colorado area for full-time, day shift work. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A full benefits package will be provided. Relocation support is available.
The selected candidate will work at the Pueblo Chemical Depot supporting the Pueblo Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant (PCAPP) project.
- Manages technical quality, business ethics and staff performance to attain high quality research and development work in support of the PCAPP Project.
- Develops and implements quality assurance and quality control policies for the implementation of a Quality Management System (QMS) to support the PCAPP Laboratory.
- Manages staff availability for project work and analyzes staff skill mix relative to operational needs. Recruits, hires and appraises performance, administers salaries, prepares staff development plans and approves timecards.
- Implements, executes and communicates policies and decisions of Senior Management. Integrates Senior Management decisions in Laboratory QAQC and Logistic operating policies and procedures.
- Prepares cost, schedule, and resource estimates for task performance through the use Earned Value Management System techniques serving as a Control Account Manager.
- Ensures PCAPP Project and Battelle policies and decisions are effectively communicated and implemented to the Laboratory QAQC and Logistics Team.
- Interfaces on a regular basis with members of the Prime Contract, Government, Assembled Weapons Chemical Alternative activities associated with and in-regard to the Laboratory Quality Management System and its status.
- Understands, interprets and applies local, federal and Army regulations to the Laboratory Quality Management System.
- Manages Laboratory QAQC and Logistics performance through preparing and presenting (as needed) activity reports.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering or other scientific area.
- 5-10 years of experience in Quality Management Systems with at least five (5) years of direct applicable experience in Laboratory Quality Assurance/ Quality Control.
- Demonstrated knowledge of analytical, air monitoring, and quality requirements
- Demonstrated experience with audits, surveillances and ISO 170525 highly desired.
Additional selection and retention criteria will include the ability to:
- Successfully pass medical screen, including the ability to wear a respirator and other PPE, lift to 40 lbs.--may involve work near toxic chemicals.
- Successfully complete and pass initial background and governmental security investigations, as required—proof of citizenship, credit check, prior convictions, drug screening, etc.
- Interact and effectively communicate with government and contractor personnel thru written correspondence or verbal communication.
- PCAPP is subject to Army Regulations (AR50-6 Chemical Surety Program and AR190-59 Unescorted Access Program) which govern persons performing work under the Chemical Personnel Reliability Program (CPRP) and Unescorted Access Program (UAP). Eligibility to be placed in a CPRP or UAP position requires US citizenship. Employees must favorably complete a series of screenings to include but not limited to: A National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC) security investigation, drug/alcohol testing and medical examination.
- PCAPP operates on a 24/7 schedule. This position may be required to work a schedule of rotating shifts including nights, weekends or holidays. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment. Respiratory screening and the ability to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) may be required for this position. The ability to obtain/maintain access to the Pueblo Chemical Depot is required.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers