Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking an Accountant. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
Performs general accounting tasks such as examining financial statements for completeness, internal accuracy, and conformance with uniform accounting classifications, or other specific accounting requirements, reconciling reports and financial data with financial statements already on file and pointing out apparent inconsistencies or errors.
- Perform assigned general ledger reconciliations, analyze and research outstanding items.
- Assist with the financial close process, including preparing and recording journal entries for assigned entity/entities.
- Assist with onthly financial statement variance analysis for assigned entity/entities.
- Review and ensure compliance with applicable internal controls.
- Work with various areas within the organization to ensure transactions are reflected accurately and tiemly.
- Assist with research of technical issues.
- Ensures accounting procedures are within Battelle guidelines, federal, state, local laws, and acceptable accounting standards.
- Prepares and submits government and internal reports in accordance with varying agency regulations (GAAP and/or FAR).
- Perform other duties as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting with a minimum of 2 years of related experience, or equivalent experience and education, required.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Public accounting experience
- CPA or CPA eligible and working towards obtaining CPA
- Strong verbal and written communiation skills
- Display initiative and strong sense of personal motivation
- Able to work independtly as well as in a team settting
- Able to work extended hours as needed
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.