Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Cyber Security Analyst. This position located at Kirtland Air Force Base (AFB), Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Candidate will provide technical analyses on the Operational Test and Evaluation Services (OTES) Team to the Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center Kirtland AFB, New Mexico. Candidate will serve as a Cyber Security (CS) Analyst, helping the OTES Team provide technical, scientific, and engineering services for the conduct of Cybersecurity Assessment Program (CAP) assessments on behalf of AFOTEC for the United States Northern Command, United States Pacific Command and the United States Air Force. Candidate will assist in providing in-depth technical and operational knowledge as related to CS and Information Technology, Multidisciplinary Security, Joint Exercises, Joint Planning, exercise training objective development and Joint Lessons Learned. Candidate shall possess programmatic analysis experience sufficient to conduct the CAP assessments and mathematical and statistical knowledge sufficient to develop assessment metrics and Joint and Service-level training exercise assessments in accordance with applicable DoD guidance. Candidate will participate in planning, execution and reporting of these assessments to include: non-technical network vulnerability assessments, interoperability assessments, mission assurance assessments, vulnerability remediation events, reporting of exercise-based information assurance assessments, development of methods and metrics to guide these efforts, and the scheduling and management of assessment tasks, and deliverable documents.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems or technical related field and 2 years’ experience in cybersecurity, network defense and/or network attack, exercise planning, operations centers or cybersecurity assessments or an Associate’s degree and 6 years’ experience in cybersecurity, network defense and/or network attack, exercise planning, operations centers or cybersecurity assessments in lieu of a bachelor’s degree or 8 years’ experience in cybersecurity, network defense and/or network attack, exercise planning, operations centers or cybersecurity assessments in lieu of a degree.
- Possess one or more of the following DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical Level II Baseline Certifications
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security)
- Global Industrial Cybersecurity Professional (GICSP)
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- Security+ Continuing Education (Security + CE)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Excellent writing and communications skills, to include the ability to render concise reports, summaries, and formal oral presentations, and MS Office capability
- Ability to quickly understand the customers overall technical objectives and mission and provide effective solutions
- Must be a US Citizen with an active DoD Top Secret clearance and be Secret Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) eligible.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be willing to travel inside the United States and foreign travel overseas and in North America up to 10%
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Technical writing experience
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers