Industrial Engineering Analyst
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking an Industrial Engineering Analyst. This position located at the Marine Corps Logistics Base, Albany, Georgia.
Candidate will provide industrial engineering support services for I&E division, Marine Corps Logistics Base, Albany Georgia. Candidate will serve as an industrial engineering analyst, assisting the Marine Corps analyze existing processes and determine ways to gain efficiencies through the use of operational technology. This will include a review of production information to understand methods and activities related to I&E services. Reviews of comprise of, but are not limited to production schedules, process flows, architectural drawings and engineering specifications. The candidate is expected to be able to analyze existing SCADA and facilities related controls systems architecture to determine if design changes are needed to gain process efficiencies. The Candidate will map out existing processes and identify waste where operational and information technology could streamline. The candidate should be able to design control systems to minimize and resolve production and process issues and reduce cost. The candidate will be asked to create systems and plan projects to ensure all services and production meet quality control standards.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 or more years’ experience
- An understanding of SCADA and facilities related control systems, how these controls systems interact and how changes in operations, the environment and other conditions will affect outcomes within these systems.
- Ability to design and understand technical plans, system diagrams, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Excellent writing and communications skills, to include the ability to render concise reports, summaries, and formal oral presentations, and MS Office capability
- Ability to quickly understand the customers overall technical objectives and mission and provide effective solutions
- Must be a US Citizen with an active DoD Secret clearance or higher
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be willing to travel inside the United States and foreign travel overseas and in North America up to 10%
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Technical writing experience
- Master’s degree in a technically related field
- Knowledgeable in common cyber threat terminology, methodologies
- Previous military or government experience serving DoD and/or the US Marine Corps
- Able to interface and communicate well with a Government customer
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance or higher
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers