Protection Operations Specialist / CBRN Requirements Analyst
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Protection Operations Specialist (Senior CBRN Requirements Analyst) to support our Department of Defense (DoD) Joint Staff client with technical Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Defense capabilities development and analysis. This position is in the DC Metro Area- The Pentagon.
- Serves as the government’s expert-level Technical Lead for the planning, execution, management, and deliverables of the Integrated Concept Team (ICT), supporting Joint Staff advocacy for development of Joint CBRN Defense capabilities within the Military Services and Combatant Commands.
- Apply technical experience and broad knowledge of DoD CBRN Defense capabilities, i.e., operations, strategy, plans, doctrine, gap analysis and capabilities development.
- Develop, review, and manage JCIDS documents for CBRN capabilities integration into Major Defense Acquisition Programs (MDAP) and other acquisition programs.
- Collaborate with senior level participants across the DoD Chemical Biological Defense Program (CBDP) to include the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Chemical and Biological Defense (DASD(CBD)), the Combatant Commands (CCMDs), Military Services, the Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical and Biological Defense (JPEO-CBD), the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Joint Science and Technology Office (JSTO), and the Test and Evaluation community.
- Analyze threat and intelligence information, conduct research and perform analyses that supports the development of scenario-based wargames and risk assessments.
- Review and develop technical documents, plans, and prepare briefings and reports.
- Write, or support the development of memorandums, discussion papers, information papers, and decision papers to include recommended Joint Staff positions in support of major decision points throughout the JCIDS process.
- Collaborate internally within the Joint Staff J-8/ JRO-CBRND to synthesize supporting program information which guide and inform CBRN capabilities development; e.g., Concepts, Studies, Analyses, Threat and Risk Assessments, Capabilities Based Assessments (CBAs), Analyses of Alternatives (AoAs), Strategic guidance, and Joint Doctrine, Training and Exercises.
- Lead or assists project work in areas of technical competence and expert analysis of on-going and potential CBRN defense programs.
- Apply advanced principles and concepts to develop highly creative solutions to complicated problems.
- Plan and carry out appropriate self-development activities. Mentor other staff members in various aspects of technical activities.
- Conduct staff actions to solicit and integrate technical material and/or develop reports on assessment of vulnerability, readiness, or ability for organizations to operate in a CBRN environment.
- Develop and maintain a Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM) that outlines the critical inputs/outputs required to develop and manage capability documents.
- May review CBRND-related plans for regulatory, legal, and technical compliance.
- May conduct and/or support CBRND operational risk assessments in support of the client, to include but not limited to, military operations, force protection, installation protection, homeland security, and anti-terrorism activities.
- May provide technical leadership on small to moderate scale projects.
- Collect and synthesize data from disparate sources; produces and presents clear, concise summaries and recommendations.
- Maintain both formal and informal communications and relationships with the client including responsibility for reports and presentations.
- Communicate project results to clients and appropriate professional community.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Active Top Secret security clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Bachelor’s degree with 20 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of ten (5) years of experience in Joint or Service requirements analysis or capabilities development.
- Conversant in the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) and have had at least five (5) years of experience on a Joint and/or Service staff.
- Ability to interact, communicate, and advise at senior levels of government.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, e.g., Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Eligible for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Broad knowledge and experience in the application of CBRN defense concepts, strategy, policy and doctrine.
- Advanced degree in a discipline relevant to the position (related science specialty / intelligence).
- Experience developing or managing system requirements.
- Knowledge related to Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) plans, doctrine, and requirements. Specifically, emphasis on nonproliferation, Policy, Strategy, Interagency coordination, and Intelligence Community (IC) collaboration.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
#linkedin #indeedcampaign #clearance