Protection Operations Specialist / CBRN Test and Evaluation Analyst
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Protection Operations Specialist (Senior CBRN Requirements Analyst for Test and Evaluation) to support our Department of Defense (DoD) Joint Staff client with technical Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Defense capabilities development and analysis. This position is in the Washington, DC area - Pentagon.
- Responsible for Test and Evaluation (T&E) activities across the CBRN operational elements “S-areas” to include CBRN Medical and Radiological Nuclear.
- Develop, review, edit, or staff T&E documents related to CBRN capabilities integration: Operational Test Agency Assessment Report and Operational Test Agency Milestone Assessment Report, OAR/OMAR, Test and Evaluation Master Plan. Develop recommendations, provide/adjudicate comments from the Comment Resolution Matrix.
- Support the government’s S-area Integrated Concept Teams (ICTs) who serve as the advocate for development of Joint CBRN Defense capabilities within the Military Services and Combatant Commands.
- Collaborate with senior level participants, e.g., Test and Evaluation Working Level Integrated Product Team (T&E WIPT) across the DoD Chemical Biological Defense Program (CBDP) to include the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Chemical and Biological Defense (DASD(CBD)), the Combatant Commands (CCMDs), Military Services, the Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical and Biological Defense (JPEO-CBD), the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Joint Science and Technology Office (JSTO), and the Test and Evaluation community.
- Collaborate internally within the Joint Staff J-8/ JRO-CBRND to synthesize supporting program information which guide and inform T&E processes for CBRN capabilities development; e.g., Concepts, Studies, Analyses, Threat and Risk Assessments, Capabilities Based Assessments (CBAs), Analyses of Alternatives (AoAs), Strategic guidance, and Joint Doctrine, Training and Exercises.
- May assist in development of Test plans for Operational Testing, Developmental Testing, Early Operational Assessments, Operational Assessments, Joint Concept Technology Demonstrations, Initial Operational Test and Evaluation, and follow-on Test and Evaluations, Verification Correction of Deficiencies, and compile necessary data.
- Write, or support the development of memorandums, discussion papers, information papers, and decision papers to include recommended Joint Staff positions in support of major decision points.
- Plan and carry out appropriate self-development activities. Mentor other staff members in various aspects of technical activities as required.
- Maintain both formal and informal communications and relationships with the client including responsibility for reports and presentations.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Active Top Secret security clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Twenty (20) years of relevant technical area experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Joint or Service requirements analysis, capabilities development, or Test and Evaluation.
- Experience in the Capability Area Process Action Teams (CAPAT) and the Test and Evaluation Capabilities and Methodologies Integrated Process Team (TECMIPT).
- Understanding of CBRN technologies (Personal Protective Equipment/Sensors/Detectors/Collective Protection/CBRN Software/Decontamination techniques); strategies, CONOPS; tactical CBRN Defense procedures through use or T&E experience.
- Conversant in the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) and have had at least five (5) years of experience on a Joint, Major Command and/or Service staff.
- Familiarization with electronic staffing tools: Joint Staff Action Processing (JSAP) and Knowledge Management / Decision Support (KM/DS).
- Ability to interact, communicate, and advise at senior levels of government.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, e.g., Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen Active Top Secret security clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Eligible for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Advanced degree in a discipline relevant to the position.
- Operations Research and System Analysis (ORSA) degree/training or completion of a Service-Accredited Operations Research course.
- Experience conducting Operational Test Events for CBD program of record (PORs)
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
#linkedin #clearance #indeedcampaign