Quality Systems Engineer
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Quality Systems Specialist. This position located in Arlington VA.
Battelle’s Critical Infrastructure and Security & Resilience Business Line group is seeking a Quality Systems Specialist to support the research, development, test and evaluation of security systems and technology for both the Department of Homeland Security and the Transportation Security Administration. This includes providing programmatic quality support by leading, assigning, monitoring, and controlling quality-related activities associated with testing. This is a full-time position and the selected candidate will work in Battelle’s Crystal City Operations in Arlington, Virginia.
The Senior Quality Systems Specialist will be responsible for ensuring all aspects of the quality system are implemented on the program. This includes tracking program performance, audit findings and reports, and customer feedback, to identify continuous improvement opportunities within the Quality Plan. The Senior Quality Systems Specialist leads the quality efforts of the program to ensure compliance with the organization’s quality system and customer requirements.
- Support TSA in quality management of the TSA Systems Integration Facility (TSIF) T&E Organization
- Work with Program Managers to identify and implement QMS objectives and metrics with expectation to reduce poor quality costs.
- Prepare and/or review organizational and program-specific quality assurance documents such as operations manuals and operating procedures and/or protocols
- Develop and ensure compliance with standards for data quality monitoring
- Conduct internal process audits within the program across a wide range of engineering, data management and other technical disciplines to assess compliance to ISO 9001 requirements.
- Demonstrate clear and effective communication skills with stakeholders and management
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships inside and outside the organization and demonstrate strong conflict resolution skills.
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a unified approach to both quality assurance, quality control, and improvement.
Work is performed at the TSIF located at the Ronald Reagan Nation Airport. Candidates should have excellent computer skills including expertise in the use of applicable Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor Degree in Science, Engineering, or related field, plus 5 years of directly relevant experience in managing or supervising quality systems based on ISO 9001, 14001, 17025, EPA Quality Systems (EPA QA/G-1) or similar
- Sole US Citizenship with the eligibility and willingness to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Security Clearance and to obtain TSA Security Suitability.
- ISO 9001 or equivalent auditor certification
- Methodical, detail-oriented, able to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure and deadlines
- Experience implementing corrective/preventative action and continuous improvement to enhance customer value
- Ability to effectively communicate and team with a wide variety of individuals from technicians to executive level staff.
- Proven ability to overcome obstacles to accomplish tasks
- Self-starter, high energy person with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven cross-functional collaboration, teamwork, and solid decision-making skills.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Already possess a Secret Security Clearance.
- Already possess TSA Security Suitability.
- Experience with TSA and/or the test and evaluation of Transportation Security Equipment (TSE).
- Experience in tracking, analyzing and interpreting quality data and use these data to identify effective process improvements
- Membership in professional quality assurance organization
- Five years' practical laboratory and field experience
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers